Freebasing Scotch

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_841109.html?menu=news.quirkies

New gadget allows alcohol to be inhaled

The inventor of a gadget that enables people to inhale alcohol through their nose or mouth claim it doesn't cause hangovers.

Dominic Simler, 30, discovered that by mixing spirits with pure oxygen, a cloudy alcohol vapour can be created which can be either snorted or inhaled.

He is marketing it as AWOL, or Alcohol With Out Liquid, and says it can be used to consume any spirit.

Mr Simler said: "AWOL has got to be the ultimate way to consume your favourite shot. The effect is unlike any experience to date. The vapour produces an instant 'high' with no hangover the next day."

The spirit is poured into a special diffuser capsule which is then plugged into an oxygen generator.

Once inhaled, the alcoholic gas goes straight into the bloodstream to give an instant 'hit'

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Sounds like an alcoholics dream come true.:rolleyes:

If consumer in this manner, couldn't it technically be considered a drug.:confused:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by citysherry
If consumed in this manner, couldn't it technically be considered a drug.:confused:

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but alcohol already IS a drug.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Wouldn't his claim of "no hangovers" be false though, regardless of the method of consumption? Alchohol acts as a diurectic as its processed out of the blood stream. The resulting dehydration is what causes the headahce. So it seems to me it would be even worse, since you're not drinking any liquid to help counter the dehydration.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Steve
Wouldn't his claim of "no hangovers" be false though, regardless of the method of consumption? Alchohol acts as a diurectic as its processed out of the blood stream. The resulting dehydration is what causes the headahce. So it seems to me it would be even worse, since you're not drinking any liquid to help counter the dehydration.

Maybe they should say no :barf: ?

B

Bruzilla

I wonder what devastation this will bring upon the brown paper bag producers? :biggrin:

http

Originally posted by Steve

Its possible. I'm no expert but alcohol is not actually a diurectic. What it does is breaks down something called an anti-diurectic enzyme, and in doing so you naturally become diurectic.

But that process of breaking down that anti-diurectic enzyme happens somewhere between the stomach and the liver. Since inhaling the stuff enters the bloodstream through the lungs and not through all of the forementioned organs, it is possible that alcohol would have no effect on the diurectic system, and not cause you to have to pi$$ like a racehorse.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
If you're inhaling it, I think it would be much easier to get too much. Maybe since the buzz hits faster, you can get drunk with less alchohol and therefore don't need enough to give you a hangover? If that's the case it would be real easy to kill yourself in a short period of time (would could test it on Mr. Mohammed!)

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I don't see the attraction. Most hard liquor smells to me like the stuff I use to clean paint brushes.