Freedom Of Speech - Global Edition

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Who'da THUNK?! New Scottish 'Hate Speech Law' Wreaking HAVOC on Scottish Police and Gosh, We're SHOCKED

Sorry ... we need a moment.

Just one.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA *breathes* HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA *gasps* HA HA HA HA HA HAAAaaaa ...

Ok, shew! Thanks.

It sounds like Scottish Police are having a tough time now that their infamous 'Hate Speech' law has officially gone into effect. Especially since they are receiving a 'hate-speech' report every single MINUTE making it hard to fight actual crime.

You know, the sort of crime that actually does hurt people.

Take a look:

The post continues:

Under the new law ‘stirring up hatred’ which includes misgendering a trans person can be punishable with up to 7 years in prison. Thousands of the complaints have been filed against Scotland’s leader, Humza Yousaf for an anti-which speech he delivered in 2020.

Womp wompity womp.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

“the notion that Palestinian voices are silenced – a claim I hear frequently on campus – is an inversion of reality”

“All we ever talk about are Palestinian grievances …. That Americans still mostly support Israel and vote for pro-Israel politicians does not mean that Palestinian voices are silenced, people simply don’t agree that Israel is the demon it’s portrayed to be.”

Here’s what she tweeted:

One reason I’m a fierce defender of free speech is that I, the daughter of a Palestinian, grew up witnessing the silencing of criticism of Israel through false allegations of anti-semitism. 1/
I’ve remained silent for far too long b/c I, too, am terrified of being the recipient of such charges. I’m afraid of losing my job, harming my professional reputation, losing friends, and incurring wrath on this platform. But I have had enough. 2/
I know that when I’m breathing my last breath, I won’t forgive myself for remaining silent out of cowardice. What job is worth having, & what friends are worth having, that require remaining silent in the face of crimes against humanity, including against one’s own relatives? 3/

Israel has been able to control this narrative for decades by ensuring people like me won’t speak the truth about our family’s experiences or betray our own opinions because we are afraid. I’m deeply ashamed at how many times I’ve failed to speak up in the past few months 4/
Most Americans have zero concept of the heinous treatment to which Palestinians have been subject for decades, culminating in this atrocity. And that’s because of the successful silencing of Palestinians & Palestinian Americans. I won’t play along anymore. 5/5

I responded because she’s a credible person asserting an incredible but very common claim that Palestinian voices are silenced. Just the opposite is true. “Palestinian voices” dominate almost everything, and every other suffering ethnic or religious group needs to step aside so everybody can talk about Palestinian grievances.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 It was perhaps only a matter of time. CNBC ran the story early this morning (2am) headlined, “Brazil Supreme Court justice opens inquiry into Elon Musk, escalating dispute over misinformation.” It’s a cage match: Elon versus the country of Brazil.

On the Lord’s Day yesterday, apparently not observing the Sabbath, Brazil’s enraged Supreme Court declared Elon Musk of being a “criminal instrumentality” and obstructing justice by refusing to hand over identities behind certain social media profiles. They have opened a criminal investigation of the billionaire. Here’s the villainous judge, Alexandre de Moraes, behind the newest lawfare operation:

image 6.png

Nope, not creepy at all. Judge Moraes is the mastermind for a broader inquiry into so-called “digital militias,” a term he came up with to describe people he accuses of “spreading misinformation online” to attack “democratic institutions in Brazil.” But the rest of the judge’s judicial resume is even more impressive.

Judge Moraes was the one who declared former President Jair Bolsonaro ineligible to run for president in 2023 — for “spreading false information.” Democracy! declaring former President Bolsonaro ineligible to run for office in 2023 due to spreading false information. He has already ordered criminal investigations into and outlawed Telegram, for “spreading disinformation” and disobeying his orders to remove harmful content. More democracy!

Finally, and you’ll love this one, Judge Moraes personally oversaw the investigations into the January 8th, 2023 attack on government buildings in Brazil’s capital — which the judge calls an attempted coup. Meaning, an insurrection, but you probably already sussed that one out.

More. Democracy. And. Harder.

You see, democratic institutions are very important and must be protected. In turn, democratic institutions staff with elites like Judge Moraes protect everyday citizens’ basic rights like freedom of speech. So whenever citizens’ basic rights threaten the institutions, then the rights must give way, if you follow the logic. Clearly, the institutions and the elites protecting the rights are more important than the rights are themselves.

Brazil is practically sprinting toward third-world s—hole status. At which point it will catch up with the United States.

Musk, for his part, remains defiant. The billionaire tweeted that fine, he’ll publish everything the judge wants on Twitter — but also he’ll publish everything they got from the judge, which Elon said would prove the judge is the real criminal:

image 7.png

Stay tuned! 2024 man, what can I tell you.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Are you ready to do some heavy reading? Because there are some very long posts in here that are important to the story, which has been percolating for some time. Brazilian Federal Supreme Court Justice Alexandre de Moraes is accusing Elon Musk of being part of an international criminal network and fining him $100,000 a day for not taking down accounts the justice wants taken down, including politicians and journalists.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Arrested For Complaining About Tomato Puree

Pregnant Nigerian entrepreneur arrested for writing scathing review of tomato puree: ‘I was messed up’

Chioma Okoli, 39, is facing up to a year behind bars for allegedly breaching Lagos’ cybercrime law, after she said a can of tomato sauce by Nigerian brand Erisco Foods was too sweet in her social media comment.

The mom of three remarked on Facebook last September to her 18,000 followers. She said she picked up the Erisco’s Nagiko Tomato Mix because her store was out of the brand she typically bought.

“I went to but Tin tomatoes yesterday that I will use to make stew, but didn’t see my favourites, so I decided to buy this one. When I opened it, I decided to taste it omo! Sugar is just too much! Haa biko let me know if you hav used this tin tomato before because this is an ikegwuru situation!” Okoli wrote.
https://nypost.com/2024/03/27/world...acing-jail-time-over-scathing-online-review/#

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Lost for words’: Australian politician wants to ‘throw Elon Musk in jail’

Sky News host Rita Panahi says Jacqui Lambie wants to “throw the richest man in jail and throw away the key”.

Senator Jacqui Lambie has torched billionaire Elon Musk as a “social media knob” with “no conscience” after the X owner refused the Australian government’s request to remove graphic content.

“Can you believe that woman is in the Australian Senate?” Ms Panahi said.

“And we have the nerve to mock the quality of American politicians.

“I’m rarely lost for words.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Australia Targets Elon Musk, Politician Says He Should Be Jailed for Fighting Gov't Restriction on Speech

She claimed he had "no social conscience."

"Someone like that should be in jail, and the key be thrown away," she said. "That bloke should not have a right to be out there on his own ideology platform, and creating hatred."

She then interestingly said she was very interested to see what the U.S. was going to do with TikTok.

"We're trying to get rid of that platform as well (emphasis added)," she confirmed.

Did she just say the quiet part out loud? She said she would be leaving X and encouraged members of Parliament to do the same.

Elon termed Lambie an "enemy to the people of Australia" for trying to restrict speech in response.

The funny thing is that the "victim" that they're using for these restrictions apparently supports Elon Musk.

Bishop Mar Mari Emanuel is supporting Musk's position, say X's lawyers.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
X has 100's of millions of users .... 250 some Australian PM's ARE NOT GOING TO BE MISSED.