Fresh water fly fishing in SOMD

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I hit a few of the local ponds last week for some fly fishing. I only tried 2 different flies. I tied on a caddis pupa with a bead head and a madam X. The madam X produced well since the water is starting to warm up a bit. The rain muddied up the water a bit. I got a few decent sized fish but nothing really photo worthy.

Pretty soon the bass will turn on. Time to get the soft plastics ready.

I hit a few of the local ponds last week for some fly fishing. I only tried 2 different flies. I tied on a caddis pupa with a bead head and a madam X. The madam X produced well since the water is starting to warm up a bit. The rain muddied up the water a bit. I got a few decent sized fish but nothing really photo worthy.

Pretty soon the bass will turn on. Time to get the soft plastics ready.

Can't wait to get out to CO and return to trout fishing.

RPMDAD

Loved Loved Loved Colorado, sadly never got a chance to do any fishing out there. Did about 10 weeks TDY there but not all at once.

dr, isn't your sonster out there now. How is he doing???? How is the job market??/ What part of CO. is he in?

Ponytail

If ya can't get to CO, try PA. Just did a guided trip down the Lehigh River near Jim Thorpe. AWESOME. Never did anything like that before and never went out west, so this was a real treat for me. Boated 9 NICE trout (released all) including a 20" Brown. Check out Rivers Outdoor Adventures and Guide services. They do guided trips on the Lehigh and Upper Deleware and a few other smaller streams. Both the Lehigh and Deleware are BEAUTIFUL trips (I do the Upper Deleware every year by myself). I went on the Lehigh a few weeks ago with a guy I work with that HAS been out west numerous times, and he has done this guided trip down the Lehigh every year for over 15 years and looks forward to it every year.

:yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If ya can't get to CO, try PA. Just did a guided trip down the Lehigh River near Jim Thorpe. AWESOME. Never did anything like that before and never went out west, so this was a real treat for me. Boated 9 NICE trout (released all) including a 20" Brown. Check out Rivers Outdoor Adventures and Guide services. They do guided trips on the Lehigh and Upper Deleware and a few other smaller streams. Both the Lehigh and Deleware are BEAUTIFUL trips (I do the Upper Deleware every year by myself). I went on the Lehigh a few weeks ago with a guy I work with that HAS been out west numerous times, and he has done this guided trip down the Lehigh every year for over 15 years and looks forward to it every year.

:yay:

:howdy: