Friday, March 14th

Vince

In all fairness, I must say that I have been to numerous crabhouses & seafood restaurants and watched the majority of the Friday nighters pick crabs when I very rarely pick/eat crabs. I don't eat a lot of types of seafood & I don't typically order a lot of seafood when I am out. Seabreeze is a good example. It's a crabhouse. Obviously, the seafood is the best item on the menu. I just get a burger, wings, or a sub. Everyone else is scarfing up the crabs - but I'm happy as a clam with my din din** because I'm with my friends.

**And if I order wings, I will count them to make sure I am getting the # they say I should. :jet:
She definitely counts them. :lol:

The_Handler

In all fairness, I must say that I have been to numerous crabhouses & seafood restaurants and watched the majority of the Friday nighters pick crabs when I very rarely pick/eat crabs. I don't eat a lot of types of seafood & I don't typically order a lot of seafood when I am out. Seabreeze is a good example. It's a crabhouse. Obviously, the seafood is the best item on the menu. I just get a burger, wings, or a sub. Everyone else is scarfing up the crabs - but I'm happy as a clam with my din din** because I'm with my friends.

**And if I order wings, I will count them to make sure I am getting the # they say I should. :jet:

What is the big damn deal that we can't go? As I said in my post, we already have other plans and it just so happens we don't like the menu either. I have never liked any restaurant that we've gone too for a meet n greet, but I went to see people. I even went to some of them twice, but my idea of a Friday night dinner is not to have to order a hamburger or steak as an alternative because we don't like anything else on the menu. The time is also not good for us. I work in DC this Friday and regardless that it's in LaPlata, we couldn't even get there until 6:30 or 7:00pm. We mentioned once about going later and our heads were bitten off so since they are at 5pm....we can't make them anymore....even on my telework days because slotpuppy doesn't get home until 4:30pm.

Hank

my war
What is the big damn deal that we can't go? As I said in my post, we already have other plans and it just so happens we don't like the menu either. I have never liked any restaurant that we've gone too for a meet n greet, but I went to see people. I even went to some of them twice, but my idea of a Friday night dinner is not to have to order a hamburger or steak as an alternative because we don't like anything else on the menu. The time is also not good for us. I work in DC this Friday and regardless that it's in LaPlata, we couldn't even get there until 6:30 or 7:00pm. We mentioned once about going later and our heads were bitten off so since they are at 5pm....we can't make them anymore....even on my telework days because slotpuppy doesn't get home until 4:30pm.

Geez. Obviously, everyone likes your company, otherwise they wouldn't make such a stink about it. Relax.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Wow.

Actually, I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it. I was just replying to Slotpuppy's point about not liking particular foods on the menu. I have supported many a seafood restaurant where I didn't even eat seafood - so that was my only point.

To add to that, though, Foxhound used to drive from Arlington, VA where he was working at the time, to the Meet & Greets on Fridays. Lots of times he didn't get there until 6-6:30.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Looks like they'll be starting their St. Patrick's Day celebration on Friday night.

https://www.facebook.com/redoakbistro

I messaged them to see if we need reservations for tomorrow - was told that reservations "are always a good idea". :lol: They only take reservations for 6 or more, so

Roll Call:

Vrai
Bann
Foxhound
NextJen - not sure
Vince - if he gets off work early enough
Pete ?? Not sure, it might be too tense

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I messaged them to see if we need reservations for tomorrow - was told that reservations "are always a good idea". :lol: They only take reservations for 6 or more, so

Roll Call:

Vrai
Bann
Foxhound
NextJen - not sure
Vince - if he gets off work early enough
Pete ?? Not sure, it might be too tense

Vince is out - he told me this afternoon that he couldn't make it.