Friday Night Lights......

mainman

Set Trippin
On Wednesday night...

Shorty played his first game under the lights last night.. Last year all of their games were day games. I must say, it really has a different feeling, at least for me it did. He talked this morning about how cool it was being under the lights..:lol:

Another losing effort, but they are playing their hearts out. He did get another sack and a half last night.. and a few tackles.

We have yet another game on Saturday afternoon, after that game coaches for division 1 are no longer allowed to be on the field... They are also allowed to start shooting the "A gap" after Saturday, that should make for some interesting football....

Go Saints!!!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
What division is he in? My co-worker has a kid playing for the Redskins in Division 4.

meangirl

Nice lady!
mainman said:
On Wednesday night...

Shorty played his first game under the lights last night.. Last year all of their games were day games. I must say, it really has a different feeling, at least for me it did. He talked this morning about how cool it was being under the lights..:lol:

Another losing effort, but they are playing their hearts out. He did get another sack and a half last night.. and a few tackles.

We have yet another game on Saturday afternoon, after that game coaches for division 1 are no longer allowed to be on the field... They are also allowed to start shooting the "A gap" after Saturday, that should make for some interesting football....

Go Saints!!!

It is a different feeling. I love night games. What position is your boy? They keep switching mine around this year. :jameo:

mainman

Set Trippin
meangirl said:
It is a different feeling. I love night games. What position is your boy? They keep switching mine around this year. :jameo:
We have 14 kids on the team (and the coach has them constantly moving around)...

He plays on both sides of the ball and shines on defense, he has a nose for the ball...

The night game was so much more fun than the day game, although getting home after 9 and still having to feed him and getting him in the shower was a pain in the ass but hey, I guess this is what we sacrifice...:roflmao:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
mainman said:
although getting home after 9 and still having to feed him and getting him in the shower was a pain in the ass but hey, I guess this is what we sacrifice...:roflmao:

Ain't that the truth. :yawn:

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
The night games are awesome! We had one two years ago and then not last year...I'm glad they changed it so every team could have one this year. My sons team will be playing yours on the 29th.

mainman

Set Trippin
maxima87 said:
The night games are awesome! We had one two years ago and then not last year...I'm glad they changed it so every team could have one this year. My sons team will be playing yours on the 29th.
How are you guys looking this year?

Pete

Repete
mainman said:
On Wednesday night...

Go Saints!!!
:yay:

I don't think we have a night game but it would be cool.

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
mainman said:
How are you guys looking this year?
We are 1-1. We are only working with 12 kids, the other 4 are out with injuries. We have 5 boys that have played ball before and the rest are still learning.

smilin

BOXER NATION
My kid is in his eighth season and it's such a shame that they get so jaded that he doesn't even notice playing under the lights anymore. I think it's way cool, but he just shrugs his shoulders.
When they get in the older divisions it becomes a real challenge with much more complex plays plus they get really physical.
We have four night games, the older kids play later and later in the day.

mainman

Set Trippin
fedex said:
Congrats to your son !
Thank you! :smile:

maxima87 said:
We are 1-1. We are only working with 12 kids, the other 4 are out with injuries. We have 5 boys that have played ball before and the rest are still learning.
Damn, 12 kids...:jameo: I am figuring that the light will turn on for most of our boys toward the end of the season...:lmao:
Pete said:
:yay:

I don't think we have a night game but it would be cool.
If not, I hope you get one next year! :yay:

smilin said:
My kid is in his eighth season and it's such a shame that they get so jaded that he doesn't even notice playing under the lights anymore. I think it's way cool, but he just shrugs his shoulders.
When they get in the older divisions it becomes a real challenge with much more complex plays plus they get really physical.
We have four night games, the older kids play later and later in the day.
Where does your boy play? I know mine will become jaded to all that stuff too someday, I'll try to help him hold on to it as long as I can.

smilin

BOXER NATION
My kid plays for the Pax River Raiders. We used to play in Pigskin, but moved over last year.
He had really great coaches who taught him the basics well. I think the drop out rate in football is really large because it is the one kid sport where you work out everything: upper body, lower body and lots of aerobic stuff for good measure. My son also has a habit of analyzing everything, so he has tried to figure out plays, field position the calls, etc. Somewhere around Div 1 and 2 is when he started to want to win more than just show up and have fun, maybe that's when he started getting jaded.
I always felt we have been lucky to have volunteer coaches who work with these kids minimum six hours a week in practice then three more hours for the game and then even more hours planning - Thanks Coaches!