Friendship School Road, home of the road apple.

glhs837

Power with Control
I just want to know, how do the Amish/Mennonites teach the horses to only poop at the apex of every turn :) Never had taken that road end to end, but got a chance yesterday. Even dodging road apples and gravel dumped out towards the western end of the road, a great road to ride. Also took Sandy Bottom Road, thanks to the recent NIMBY press that mentioned it. Very nice road. Not very long, but a nice ride.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I drive Friendship School Road on average once a week; however, I'm in a car so don't worry about skidding out on the apples. You're right though, they do seem to be on the turns! :lol:

If curves and turns is what you're looking for then, IMO, Maypole is far more fun than Friendship. :yay:

glhs837

Power with Control
I drive Friendship School Road on average once a week; however, I'm in a car so don't worry about skidding out on the apples. You're right though, they do seem to be on the turns! :lol:

If curves and turns is what you're looking for then, IMO, Maypole is far more fun than Friendship. :yay:

Thats why I have never taken FS the whole way, I always entered it from Maypole :) Always taking the right from Maypole onto FS. The part of FS from Maypole back to the Loveville Road (which, looking at the map, turns out to be Pasons Mill Road, not more of FS :)) is a road I had never taken. But one thing that makes FS more fun is the elevation changes. Not a lot of that on Maypole.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
But one thing that makes FS more fun is the elevation changes. Not a lot of that on Maypole.

True, I didn't really think of that. There are a couple fairly decent hills on Friendship. I just like driving Maypole in anything that will hug a turn. Unfortunately, that's not my current vehicle. :ohwell:

Thats why I have never taken FS the whole way, I always entered it from Maypole :) Always taking the right from Maypole onto FS. The part of FS from Maypole back to the Loveville Road (which, looking at the map, turns out to be Pasons Mill Road, not more of FS :)) is a road I had never taken. But one thing that makes FS more fun is the elevation changes. Not a lot of that on Maypole.

Been on the road to Sotterly?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Those roads you guys are talking about are almost straight-a-ways. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm not a knee draggin sort of guy, so on my bike, I'm more of a long sweeper kind of guy than a sharp corner sort. I like the sharp turns better in a car.

bulldog

Last time I went on Maypole, from FS School, Maypole was mostly torn up...I presume to ready it for new asphault, but I'm not sure. Thankfully, I was in my truck that day. Hopefully it's done soon because I do like that road on my scoot.

bulldog

Those roads you guys are talking about are almost straight-a-ways. :lol:

Compared to some, yes, but for staying in the county they ain't bad.

One of my favorite routes...from home in Callaway...

Chingville to Medley's Neck. Cross 5 onto Fairgrounds and follow to 4. Left on 4 to Brown road. Brown road to the end and turn left on...St. John's / Hickory Hill Rd, Left on Cedar (can get some good speed up if you want) and back to 5. Take 5 north to Sunnyside, Sunnyside to Colton Point Rd and turn right. Colton Point Rd to 5 and turn right. 5 south to Busy Corner Rd and turn left. Busy Corner to Bishop. Bishop to Friendship School. Turn right on FS and take to Jones and turn left on Jones and take to McIntosh. Left on McIntosh to Clover Hill. Left on Clover Hill, cross over 235 onto S. Sandgates and take all the way around until N. Sandgates comes back out on 235. Pick a route and head home. I can do this in a little over an hour and have a lot of fun.