Traffic Rant Friken plates/bowls and forks? REALLY?

gemma_rae

Driver's Ed? in Maryland? NO WAY!

I can just see the course plan back in 85:

1. Always occupy left lane no matter what and do not even yield to police cars or people courtesy flashing you to get around you.
  2. Go as slow as possible on 2 lane roads where it is difficult for others to pass.
  3. Tailgate the F out of the guy in front of you, especially if he has no where to go.
  4. Don't abuse your drinking and driving privs or you'll ruin it for everyone. Remember, Liquor store drive-up windows create jobs
  5. Someone flicking their beams at you because you have your highs on is an insult and a call to do battle.
I took Driver's Ed at my PG county high school during the summer of 1976. Before that my Grandma would let me drive her Chevy Corvair ->

in vacant parking lots so I was pretty good before Drivers Ed. I remember the teacher constantly yelling at me to "slow down" and the kids in the back screaming "Go Gemma, Go!"when we got out on the highway.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Driving my truck, I sit up slightly higher than the average car. I won't even say what I saw going on between two folks when I glanced over while at a stop light. :blushing: It took the driver a little longer to notice when the light had turned. Talk about distracted!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Driving my truck, I sit up slightly higher than the average car. I won't even say what I saw going on between two folks when I glanced over while at a stop light. :blushing: It took the driver a little longer to notice when the light had turned. Talk about distracted!
Sounds like when my husband and myself, along with our toddler got stuck in traffic one Valentine's Day. We could see the couple in front of us. You could see someone's head go down into the other's lap, stay there a while, then come back up. :blushing:

Sounds like when my husband and myself, along with our toddler got stuck in traffic one Valentine's Day. We could see the couple in front of us. You could see someone's head go down into the other's lap, stay there a while, then come back up. :blushing:
Oh. So...texting, right?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Ah the good old days. I remember texting before cell phones. I had a buddy run completely off the road when he and his girlfriend, now wife of 30+ years, were texting. I had a few close calls myself...