frisky

Robin

Its amazing how frisky the horses were this morning after they were turned out. They had alot of spring in those steps. The twists in mid air. I am just glad none of them hurt themselves.

Sparks

I was a few minutes late to work this morning :doh: because I was watching them play. It was so cute to see the 17+ hand guy playing with his mini pasture buddy.

Last edited:

jacbro

I'd rather have them being frisky from cool air than them flipping out with the dang flies that was really bad last week. I usually walk these two older horses together and they are great and don't do anything stupid. But last week when the flies got really bad they were bucking and rearing and just trying to run away to get the fies off. I felt so bad that the fly spray wasn't working. Never seen the flies that bad before. Glad its over.

W

WhoCares

I hope the heat is gone for good, but I am not holding my breath.

jacbro

It rained just a little bit and it was suppose to rain again. Plus the farm is at Greenwell and right by the water. Anyways, I hope the heat is over with too. I have only been here in MD for a year now, not quite used to it yet. But I do enjoy being here in the country with the cities not too far away.

Robin

Brrrr

this weather here is different and dont think the flies are gone yet. Not till the first frost. They might die back a little but they aren't gone yet. It could be 55 one day and 85 the next Heck thankgiving last year we were all in short sleeves. I am going to be prepared today with a video camera. The 2 TB mares love to run and play when I turn them out and they look like they are having so much fun, kicking up their heels. The funny part is them trying to provoke the chubby QH Gelding to chime in. He just wants to eat grass. Poor Smarty.

Tazgirl

I sit back on my deck with my coffee and watch them run back and forth and nip at each other. I love it; mane and tails are flying, it is the most beautiful site. :coffee:

W

WhoCares

Robin said:
The funny part is them trying to provoke the chubby QH Gelding to chime in. He just wants to eat grass. Poor Smarty.

:lmao: Sounds like my guy. He just wants to eat grass and stay out of it. The two tb geldings are like play with us, and run around. He just ignores them. Gotta love QH, think with the stomachs!

R

remaxrealtor

Robin said:
Its amazing how frisky the horses were this morning after they were turned out. They had alot of spring in those steps. The twists in mid air. I am just glad none of them hurt themselves.

It's in the air! charles was a WILD MAN!!!! :lmao:

Robin

4thegirls said:
Did he give in and play?
No way...takes too much energy as long as they are acting fool where he can see them he continues to eat no if they take it to the other field he hits over drive.