Front Mount Hitch

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Got tired of trying to see over the back of the truck to backup uncooperative trailers, especially short trailers that jackknife. Just received a front hitch, going to install it tomorrow. It takes the steering pivot point from the far front of the truck and moves it to right in front of the trailer making control much easier, and you can see what you're doing. Should have done this a long time ago.

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Front Receiver Hitch - CURT

TPD

the poor dad
Be careful what you wish for. I don’t think a front mount hitch is any easier, but that could be just me since I’ve grown up backing trailers of all sizes with all types of equipment.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Be careful what you wish for. I don’t think a front mount hitch is any easier, but that could be just me since I’ve grown up backing trailers of all sizes with all types of equipment.
Me too, for the different trailers. Not so much the tow equipment.

Noted. It wasn't expensive at all, should install easy, and then we'll see how it goes. Nothing lost if it's a bust.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Hubby has a front mount hitch on the tractor for moving trailers+ around here. Everyone loves it.

black dog

Free America
Got tired of trying to see over the back of the truck to backup uncooperative trailers, especially short trailers that jackknife. Just received a front hitch, going to install it tomorrow. It takes the steering pivot point from the far front of the truck and moves it to right in front of the trailer making control much easier, and you can see what you're doing. Should have done this a long time ago.

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Front Receiver Hitch - CURT
My dad had A&W Camping in Rockville do it to his 1984 Suburban, as to make it super easy to put his Airstream in the driveway between the house and a tree.
After that one, he had it done on each truck he bought to tow with. You would think it would be a factory option with new trucks.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
All done. Took a little longer than their 90 minute DIY non-pro install estimate. There is an air dam/trim under the bumper that had to come off, and it had a zillion bolts with no room for a speed tool. That took a while to take off, trim and replace. I also treated some rust, so it took a while for the rust reverser to work, then the paint to dry before I could bolt it up.

But so worth it. Makes parking my flatbed trailer a piece of cake. So easy, so controllable.

20240516_140112.jpg

black dog

Free America
All done. Took a little longer than their 90 minute DIY non-pro install estimate. There is an air dam/trim under the bumper that had to come off, and it had a zillion bolts with no room for a speed tool. That took a while to take off, trim and replace. I also treated some rust, so it took a while for the rust reverser to work, then the paint to dry before I could bolt it up.

But so worth it. Makes parking my flatbed trailer a piece of cake. So easy, so controllable.

View attachment 177106
What no electrics?