Fuel Pump

D

dems4me

About a month ago I had my fuel pump replaced.... every single time I drive it now I'm being inundated with the smell of gasolene - mostly when I stop or after I shut the engine off... it's very over powering and it's to the point where I'm leary of smoking during this phase.... Is this normal after you get a fuel pump replacement :shrug:

Pete

Repete
dems4me said:
About a month ago I had my fuel pump replaced.... every single time I drive it now I'm being inundated with the smell of gasolene - mostly when I stop or after I shut the engine off... it's very over powering and it's to the point where I'm leary of smoking during this phase.... Is this normal after you get a fuel pump replacement :shrug:
How many other cars do you smell gas coming from?

D

dems4me

Pete said:
How many other cars do you smell gas coming from?

Just this truck and its only after I've had the fuel pump replaced....it's nausiating at this point... :dead:

Pete

Repete
dems4me said:
Just this truck and its only after I've had the fuel pump replaced....it's nausiating at this point... :dead:
Have you answered your own question yet, or do you need more hints?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Are you getting worse gas mileage since the new pump was put in?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
dems4me said:

Dems. Please get it checked. I know from experience that whoever did the work, messed up. Take it back and demand it be fixed free of charge.

AND DON'T SMOKE IN TRUCK.

Pete

Repete
dems4me said:
Take it back, it has a fuel leak and they need to check it.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Pete said:
I got a buck says she never checks it.
Or that she says something like, "the needle is in the same place when I go get a fill up".

D

dems4me

I havn't noticed anything in terms of mileage - Pete is right, I don't check that stuff... and then do the math involved :crazy:

Are you sure it's a leak? How could this be if they replaced it :shrug: I just figured maybe it's pumping too much fuel and hasn't been broken in yet or something, but it's really starting to bother me.... :sad:

D

dems4me

bresamil said:
Dems. Please get it checked. I know from experience that whoever did the work, messed up. Take it back and demand it be fixed free of charge.

AND DON'T SMOKE IN TRUCK.

Did this happen to you :shrug: I hope they can fix this free of charge... it cost 804.00 to get it fixed (whooosh... there goes the Christmas bonus:frown:)

Pete

Repete
dems4me said:
I havn't noticed anything in terms of mileage - Pete is right, I don't check that stuff... and then do the math involved :crazy:

Are you sure it's a leak? How could this be if they replaced it :shrug: I just figured maybe it's pumping too much fuel and hasn't been broken in yet or something, but it's really starting to bother me.... :sad:
Fuel pumps don't need a break in period. It is a freaking pump, it is leaking or the lines running to or from it have a leak. Take it back. OR Just keep arguing, drive it for a few more weeks and be sure to smoke alot more to cover up the gas smell. Your choice.

Pete

Repete
dems4me said:
Did this happen to you :shrug: I hope they can fix this free of charge... it cost 804.00 to get it fixed (whooosh... there goes the Christmas bonus:frown:)
sucker

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
dems4me said:

yes. I think they failed to attach your fuel line properly or there could be a pinhole. If you need a good (trustworthy) mechanic in Waldorf, PM me.

D

dems4me

bresamil said:
yes. I think they failed to attach your fuel line properly or there could be a pinhole. If you need a good (trustworthy) mechanic in Waldorf, PM me.

No I better take it back to where I got it... it has just been getting worse and worse and worse and where I park it in the garage next to the attendants they look at me as if I've grown a third eye when they wave... and crinkle their noses.

D

dems4me

bresamil said:

Did it blow up :shrug: has this ever been the cause of something blowing up :shrug: I thought I have some sort of fuel shut off thingy :shrug: for something or other... :shrug:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
dems4me said:
Did it blow up :shrug: has this ever been the cause of something blowing up :shrug: I thought I have some sort of fuel shut off thingy :shrug: for something or other... :shrug:

Nope. Didn't blow up. Of course I don't smoke so the risk of causing explosion while smoking wasn't an issue. Plus I took it back right away (within 24 hours) of discovering the problem.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Dems has officially taken the torch when it comes to asking for advice but not wanting to hear the advice she just asked for. :peace:

Agee

dems4me said:
it cost 804.00 to get it fixed
$800.00 to replace a fuel pump? With that type of price, it sounds like your truck uses a fuel pump that is installed in the Gas Tank.

Like the previous advise, take it back. Probably something as simple as a fuel line clamp.

D

dems4me

pixiegirl said:
Dems has officially taken the torch when it comes to asking for advice but not wanting to hear the advice she just asked for. :peace:

No I'll take it back... what a pain in the arse -- it's going to take all day to fix like it did the last time. Unfortunately, I can't take it back until Saturday afternoon or Sunday .... but I will be careful about flinging the lit butts out the window in the meantime ... :frown: What a major PITA :mad: