Fuel Pump

Magnum

Should be Huntin
dems4me said:
:huggy: I was just trying to get feedback for this fuel thing - that's all. Penn... you try spending an hour and a half one way in traffic in the morning not going anywhere, horns blowing, people cussing and cutting you off and see if you don't want to reach down for a ciggerette.
The propane thing (my bad apparently it was butane) happened a month or so ago... I never shared it because it wasn't the brightest thing I've ever done admittedly, but I figured if I posted it back to someone as we were doing in a joking fashion, most folks would just gloss over it. It's not like I posted it in the Chit Chat section, etc... I thought maybe 4 or 5 folks would read it and that would have been that. I had no clue the circus that would be created due to it. If anything I hope this serves as a warning for others who may be in the same predicatment. :ohwell:

I do/ have done lots of stupid crazy things.I learned to keep my mouth shut or else people would never let me live it down.

D

dems4me

Oz... thanks for the suggestion it worked.

this morning I put the truck in the on position heard a click then a psssssss noise for about 3 seconds, I turned the key off and the psssss noise continued another second or two more and then cut off and the truck started right up... :smile:

D

dems4me

Magnum said:
I do/ have done lots of stupid crazy things.I learned to keep my mouth shut or else people would never let me live it down.

Well that is one of the silliest I've done, but by golly I was determined to light them coals... :roflmao: I laugh at the incident personally and no never to try it again.... :huggy:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Magnum said:

On the forum that is survival rule #1!!! :lmao:

K

Kizzy

Magnum said:

Yeah and if you DO mention it, you better be the type of person that doesn't give a crap what others think and not get teary eyed when people point and call you a dummy.

D

dems4me

Kizzy said:
Yeah and if you DO mention it, you better be the type of person that doesn't give a crap what others think and not get teary eyed when people point and call you a dummy.

I'm fine sweetie... just a little :boxing: is all. I laughed at it myself, personally theres alot of things I can laugh at myself on and this is one of them.. :lol: But when people start thread after thread saying this was a :bs: lie, etc... and then proven wrong and then the unrelenting personal attacks is where things deteriorate. I'm still fine though.. :dance:

B

baswm

I can picture Dems singing this song driving home from work.

(car start) C'mon, c'mon!
(car start) C'mon, you can do it!
(car engine kicking in) Alright! (music starts)
Dashing through the snow in my rusty Chevrolet.
Down the road I go, sliding all the way.
I need new piston rings. I need some new snow tires.
My car is held together by a piece of chicken wire!

Oh, rust and smoke, the heater's broke, the door just blew away.
I light a match to see the dash and then I start to pray-ay.
The frame is bent, the muffler went, the radio's okay.
Oh, what fun it is to drive this rusty Chevrolet!

I went to IGA, to get some Christmas cheer.
I just passed up my left front tire and it's gettin' hard to steer.
Speeding down the highway, right past the county cops.
I have to drag my swampers just to get the car to stop.

Oh, what fun it is to drive this rusty Chevrolet!

Bouncing through the snowdrifts in a big, blue cloud of smoke.
People laugh as I drive by; I wonder what's the joke!
I have to get to Wal-Mart to pick up my layaway,
Cause Santa's comin' soon in his big, old, rusty sleigh!

Oh, what fun it is to drive this rusttttttttty Chevroooooooleeeeeet!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
dems4me said:
Oz... thanks for the suggestion it worked.

this morning I put the truck in the on position heard a click then a psssssss noise for about 3 seconds, I turned the key off and the psssss noise continued another second or two more and then cut off and the truck started right up... :smile:

Glad it worked. It shouldn't run that long. But, giving it time to pressurize the lines is much better than cranking the heck out of your starter while the fuel pressure builds.

Did you ever look under the truck to find the leak? If fuel is leaking around a fitting, or the fuel filter, you might be able to put a wrench on it and snug it up. Just don't wrench on it hard enough to strip the threads. I suspect (hope) like Penn said, something just isn't tight.

D

dems4me

Oz said:
Glad it worked. It shouldn't run that long. But, giving it time to pressurize the lines is much better than cranking the heck out of your starter while the fuel pressure builds.

Did you ever look under the truck to find the leak? If fuel is leaking around a fitting, or the fuel filter, you might be able to put a wrench on it and snug it up. Just don't wrench on it hard enough to strip the threads. I suspect (hope) like Penn said, something just isn't tight.

I'll get someone to look at it tomorrow .. me and DIY projects aren't a good match. Everytime I put on the DIY channel on TV, I hear a voice that says... DEMS STEP AWAY FROM THE DIY CHANNEL!!! :roflmao:

When I start the truck it cranks on the 9th catch. The prerelease of fuel does seem to cure this. Thanks :huggy: