Fugly horse auction report..

fuglyhorse

Anyone who reads this and still wants to breed their mares in this market needs to have their head examined. The market sucks and hardly anyone is buying unbroken horses (heck I don’t think that broke horses are even selling for much right now). Someone who is breeding so-so horses better be prepared to hold on to them for a while.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Anyone who reads this and still wants to breed their mares in this market needs to have their head examined. The market sucks and hardly anyone is buying unbroken horses (heck I don’t think that broke horses are even selling for much right now). Someone who is breeding so-so horses better be prepared to hold on to them for a while.

Good horses will always have a market (maybe not as high as we would like :whistle:) And I agree...if you breed crap, you better love your crap for many years to come. JMO

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I am gelding my stud in the next couple months...Hey Appendix do you have any mares due early next year? I am breeding Misty for a Jan or Feb baby next year so I can geld Vence...I dont like babies that early but want to geld him before fly season..

Is your barn set up for early babies? I might need ya next year.. :huggy:

fredsaid2

Agree, yet they still insist on breeding that mare they have in their backyard. For most of us it seems pointless to breed our 'not so very excellent' mare when there are so many on the ground to choose from.

Click down a bit further on the fugly site and see the 'breeding' stallion w/ a spinal defect. :banghead:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
I am gelding my stud in the next couple months...Hey Appendix do you have any mares due early next year? I am breeding Misty for a Jan or Feb baby next year so I can geld Vence...I dont like babies that early but want to geld him before fly season..

Is your barn set up for early babies? I might need ya next year.. :huggy:

I have my first coming in March, and yes, we are set up to handle early ones if need be. We have 3 mare/foal stalls, but only 2 with cameras. I do have an Infrared Heater that I can use on the real early ones for the first couple nights if it is really cold. I usually turn it on for my early march babies until they are dry and nursing.:buddies:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Agree, yet they still insist on breeding that mare they have in their backyard. For most of us it seems pointless to breed our 'not so very excellent' mare when there are so many on the ground to choose from.

Click down a bit further on the fugly site and see the 'breeding' stallion w/ a spinal defect. :banghead:

OMG....I saw that and just about :faint:

fuglyhorse

:yay: I can’t stand when I get to hear about mares that have such horrible attitudes that the owners and/or trainers can’t get them safely broken. So then the owner puts the mare up for sale for 6 or 7 months, no takers? Well let’s just breed her! UGH :doh: NO NO NO

The stallion down the page with the spine condition is sick. Who in their right mind would breed to that? Oh I know! The person with the untrainable fugly mare:crazy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
May I ask why you are gelding your stud?

Several reasons..

Market for babies and outside breedings suck..

He is super well gaited and out of the top Paso in the nation and I can not find a trail horse to stand up to him looks or gait..But he lets his peter run his life, He is good for a stud on trails but he is still a stud and most of my friends ride unbred mares all summer with me. I have been riding a gelding the last few months on trails and like the attitude better. I don't like to always be on guard on trails.

I can make easier faster $ picking up peoples hardships and training and reselling them raising a baby.

I have a trainer friend that offered me 1/2 price breedings for my mares if I geld my boy..

I sold most of my mares and one I have is a black and white and you can't breed her to a gray anyway..

Vencedor

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
FYI Paso, I don't think M's colt is gonna grey. How can you tell? He's liver chestnut with 3 high white socks. and BIG. Did you know Arialla was :dead:?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
FYI Paso, I don't think M's colt is gonna grey. How can you tell? He's liver chestnut with 3 high white socks. and BIG. Did you know Arialla was :dead:?

My baby this year is HUGE too...he should be roaning by now...send me some pics of him I would love to see him...

Did not know anything about Arialla..

Tell her to geld that boy soon..my 4 month old is already mounting mares with a hard on :yikes: