Full body clippers - suggestions?

Wait4It..boom

I am in need of full body horse clippers. I currently have the Andis clippers for smaller areas. I have been making due with using them for larger areas but it's time to buy the big guns!
Elam had a catalog that rated Oster, Andis, and another brand (Brand X) that I can't remember the name of! Brand X apparently rated well.
What do folks have, do you like them, or any brands I should avoid?

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I rarely ever clip but my old little WAHL clippers were crap so I bought a pair of Andis clippers last year (from Elam). I have the AGC2: ANDIS® Large Animal Horse Products but I can't give you much of a review as I haven't really used them. Ahem...

Even the "heavy duty" wireless ones aren't strong enough for my beasties' hair. I'm sure there are other here who clip much more often then I do but, if you don't get an answer I can contact a friend I know who clips and see what they suggest. :)

covekat

I love the Wahl Lister Stars, I'm on my second pair (horse kicked and shattered my first pair) and they are awesome. Much lighter and smaller than the Andis or Osters.

fredsaid2

I love the Wahl Lister Stars, I'm on my second pair (horse kicked and shattered my first pair) and they are awesome. Much lighter and smaller than the Andis or Osters.

I'm in serious need. I tried to clip the pony's bridlepath. My old clippers coughed and died. I so want the Listers! :biggrin:

C

campinmutt

I use the Oster A5s been through only 2 pair in 25 years!! not bad with multiple show horses each year.

I do have a pair of Oster clipmaster body clippers that I am seeling for the family of Cindy Hallet(passed away a few years ago) if you are interested I will snap some pics. they run fine. the blades have been taken off .multiple blades with clippers. I do not know how to put them back on. I blanket so I do not have to bodyclip. PM me your email and I can email pics

spellbound

I have a pair of Heinigers made in Switzerland. I have only used them a couple of times and I loved them but I don't think you can find them in the US anymore.