Full Moon Farm event

Duckz

I'd love to go, but did you see on their website about having to have proof of rhino vaccination within 90 days of coming to the farm? My guy had shots back in the spring so I guess we're not allowed :cds:

Sparks

I'd love to go, but did you see on their website about having to have proof of rhino vaccination within 90 days of coming to the farm? My guy had shots back in the spring so I guess we're not allowed :cds:

Well that sucks. Lincoln would rock at FMF.

kmbetit

K Betit
Yeah, that does make it kinda hard. My horse usually is only vaccinated for Rhino once a year. FMF horses get it 4 times a year. Thank god my vet is coming out on Tuesday!

Duckz

Yeah, that does make it kinda hard. My horse usually is only vaccinated for Rhino once a year. FMF horses get it 4 times a year. Thank god my vet is coming out on Tuesday!

It does seem like overkill, doesn't it? I'll have to sit this one out. There's always the jumper derby at Rosaryville in the spring! And it's sooo much closer...

kmbetit

K Betit
It does seem like overkill, doesn't it? I'll have to sit this one out. There's always the jumper derby at Rosaryville in the spring! And it's sooo much closer...

Jumper derby? Do tell!! haha. I'm breaking out of the Morgan world, into the open :yahoo:. And yet I don't really know what all is out here in the big wide open world.:blushing: I went to do XC practice at Rosaryville...

kmbetit

K Betit
and yes, it does seem like overkill. Did you read all the rules about FMF horses not being allow to be near other "outsiders". I mean, thats great that they want to make sure their horses are safe, but gosh!! It makes it hard for others to come to their shows.

Sparks

I'm guessing they probably got rhino there at one time. Probably a little gun-shy from being quarantined. Honestly I'd feel the same way if I was in a big barn and was in quarantine for a show season. Actually, I'd be really pi$$ed. Know what I mean.

I think the jumper derby was in March. Put on by the pony club. Phyxius has cool pics from it on her site!

Last edited:

covekat

The reason they want the horses shipping in to have had it within 90 days is because thats all the vaccine is good for...so to really protect your horse from getting EHV if they're being exposed to other horses, they should be done 4 times a year... But the vaccine still doesnt prevent the neurological form, but can lesson the symptoms...

The neurological strain is what causes the quarentines.