Funny Letter

ylexot

Super Genius
My buddy sent me this :killingme

LETTER FROM A FARM KID,
NOW AT SAN DIEGO MARINE CORPS RECRUIT

Dear Ma and Pa,
I am well. Hope you are. Tell Brother Walt and Brother Elmer the Marine Corps beats working for old man Minch by a mile. Tell them to join up quick before all of the places are filled. I was restless at first because you got to stay in bed till nearly 6 a.m. but I am getting so I like to sleep late. Tell Walt and Elmer all you do before breakfast is smooth your cot, and shine some things. No hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay. Practically nothing. Men got to shave but it is not so bad, there's warm water. Breakfast is strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc. but kind of weak on chops, potatoes, ham, steak, fried eggplant, pie and other regular food, but tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit by the two city boys that live on coffee. Their food plus yours holds you til noon when you get fed again. It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much. We go on "route marches", which the platoon sergeant says are long walks to harden us. If he thinks so, it's not my place to tell him different. A "route march" is about as far as to our mailbox at home. Then the city guys get sore feet and we all ride back in trucks. The country is nice but awful flat The sergeant is like a school teacher. He nags a lot. The Captain is like the school board. Majors and colonels just ride around and frown. They don't bother you none. This next will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing. I keep getting medals for shooting. I don't know why. The bulls-eye is near as big as a chipmunk head and don't move, and it ain't shooting at you like the Higgett boys at home. All you got to do is lie there all comfortable and hit it. You don't even load your own cartridges. They come in boxes.

Then we have what they call hand-to-hand combat training. You get to wrestle with them city boys. I have to be real careful though, they break real easy. It ain't like fighting with that ole bull at home. I'm about the best they got in this except for that Tug Jordan from over in Silver Lake. I only beat him once. He joined up the same time as me, but I'm only 5'6" and 130 pounds and he's 6'8" and near 300 pounds dry.

Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other fellers get onto this setup and come stampeding in.

Your loving daughter,

Gail

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
vraiblonde said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Reminded me of my own experienc with boot camp. I was 24 when I went in and been living on my own for several years. Lived near Stafford VA and worked on Wisconson Ave., so I got to sleep later. Somebody else was doing the cooking and washing my clothes. All I had to do was remember to start walking with my left foot. Went to Orlando in the winter. It was like a 2 month health spa.
We were getting ready for our first personell inspection and this E-2 assisant type was giving us a pre-inspection. He got to me and told me he could see peach fuzz on my neck. I told him I hadn't had peach fuzz since I was his age. That got a big laugh and 25 pushups. Guy came by later and told me he'd leave me alone if I kept my mouth shut around him.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
vraiblonde said:
True that. I had a ball in boot camp. I ate real good, and sat beside the ones that picked at their food and ate their meals too. PT wasn't nothing compared to farm chores. I kept getting in trouble for laughing, cause the DI wasn't nowhere near as mean as my daddy. And me and a gal from the Ozarks were the unit shooting champs. :lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
migtig said:
And me and a gal from the Ozarks were the unit shooting champs. :lmao:
I remember walking into the pistol range at boot. They had those 12"x12" acoustic tiles on the ceiling and every tile and all the lights had bullet holes in them. :lmao:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Aren't most snipers women? I've heard somewhere that it's been statistically proven that women have steadier hands than men.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
sleuth said:
Aren't most snipers women? I've heard somewhere that it's been statistically proven that women have steadier hands than men.
The Russians used women as snipers during WWII.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
sleuth said:
That couldn't be true in the military, they only just now allowing women into combat roles.