Funny quote

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Today on "Judge Judy", Judy asked a young lady, "Do you go to church?"

The woman smiled and answered, "No. I'm a Christian."

The whole audience chuckled. Based on that and the other couple questions Judy asked, the girl was obviously a bubblehead, but you would think even she could answer the church question sensibly.

I don't like Judy. She reminds me very much of a boss that I did not get along with. Looks the same, sounds the same, attitude the same....

:chills:

10ozCurls

Irene brought me here
"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car."

StoneThrower

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car."

True, but not going to Church, is a pretty good indication your not a Christian. If you love anything more than God and being with His people. If you dont hunger and love the preaching of the word, and if you can disobey the Lords commands then He's not your Lord, and if He's not your Lord, He's not your savior!

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Church fellowships provide support, instruction, and inspiration. Attendance does not make or break your Christianity. Church attendance, or at least hanging out with fellow Christians, is a need we usually (but not always) feel. Abiding with Christ is a heart thing and it's totally outside of the influence of other sinners. The God relationship is private and perfectly matched to the souls of those whom He chooses.

UNA

Wirelessly posted

StoneThrower said:

True, but not going to Church, is a pretty good indication your not a Christian. If you love anything more than God and being with His people. If you dont hunger and love the preaching of the word, and if you can disobey the Lords commands then He's not your Lord, and if He's not your Lord, He's not your savior!

I think most here that I do not identify myself as a Christian, I feel I need to chime in here for I believe this to be true for the god I believe as well.

From Mathew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

One does not need to gather in a special building in order to be close to whomever their god may be, IMO.

Zguy28

Wirelessly posted

I think most here that I do not identify myself as a Christian, I feel I need to chime in here for I believe this to be true for the god I believe as well.

From Mathew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

One does not need to gather in a special building in order to be close to whomever their god may be, IMO.
The operative word being "need."

I don't need to go to church on Sundays, or in a particular building, but I need interaction with other Christians. It is difficult indeed to edify yourself.

Not to mention, if Jesus didn't want Christians to meet together regularly, he wouldn't have felt the need to pray to God for unity among his disciples and command them to love one another.

I think it is so essential to be involved in each others lives and struggles.

Ecclissiastes 4:9-12

9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

UNA

Wirelessly posted

Zguy28 said:
Wirelessly posted

The operative word being "need."

I don't need to go to church on Sundays, or in a particular building, but I need interaction with other Christians. It is difficult indeed to edify yourself.

Not to mention, if Jesus didn't want Christians to meet together regularly, he wouldn't have felt the need to pray to God for unity among his disciples and command them to love one another.

I think it is so essential to be involved in each others lives and struggles.

Ecclissiastes 4:9-12

9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

I would agree and expand your application beyond Christians. I was taking 'church' literally and traditionally. Gathering in groups is essential to human survival in general!

10ozCurls

Irene brought me here

So you don't think you can be a Christian without smiling in the faces of others and listening to somebody interpert the bible in there own way? I can't be a servant of Jesus Christ in following his word vice somebody else telling me how they think I should live out his word?

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
So you don't think you can be a Christian without smiling in the faces of others and listening to somebody interpert the bible in there own way? I can't be a servant of Jesus Christ in following his word vice somebody else telling me how they think I should live out his word?

It doesn't matter what you've done or been - you can still come home to Jesus Christ. Have the need to extend your stay on earth? Well the Boss has that on lock down!

Attachments

• 306310_274908732526936_173570305994113_1087210_1636749624_n.jpg
    306310_274908732526936_173570305994113_1087210_1636749624_n.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 75