Funny story - and topical, too!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry is hiring some temporary help right now, and three of the applicants are Hispanic. So he was teasing me about hiring illegals and I was like, "Did they give you a SSN or a green card?" and he says "Yes." "No problem, then," I reply.

Then I said, "Did you ask them if they're legal?"
Larry: "Is that legal? Can you ask that?"

"Sure!" sez I, and I pick up the applications to show him where the line is that asks:

"Are you prevented from lawfully becoming employed in this country because of VISA or immigration status?"

Every one of them had checked "yes".

:killingme

So at least they're honest illegals. :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This was pretty...

...damn funny. So much for reading the freaking form I gave them...

Now, I'm not sure if they misunderstood or answered properly because I've never read that paragraph in my entire history of hiring.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's interesting is that Frederick has a large Hispanic population. So much so that the nickname for the Fredericktowne Mall is "the Mexican Mall". There are all kinds of cool shops around that mall that cater to Hispanics (and people like me who want to buy smoked paprika and chile powder locally rather than on the internet). The apartment complexes in that area are predominantly Hispanic.

Yet when Larry puts an employment ad in the paper, he doesn't get a lot of Hispanics that apply. In fact, this is the first time in memory that any did.

So so much for that stereotype about Hispanics and agricultural work. :shrug:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
What's interesting is that Frederick has a large Hispanic population. So much so that the nickname for the Fredericktowne Mall is "the Mexican Mall". There are all kinds of cool shops around that mall that cater to Hispanics (and people like me who want to buy smoked paprika and chile powder locally rather than on the internet). The apartment complexes in that area are predominantly Hispanic.

Yet when Larry puts an employment ad in the paper, he doesn't get a lot of Hispanics that apply. In fact, this is the first time in memory that any did.

So so much for that stereotype about Hispanics and agricultural work. :shrug:

What's that big place in Clinton? I went there with my momma last summer and got eyeballed down the whole time I was there.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Bush want to allow Mexicans to have temp acess to work here to do the menial jobs that we dont want to do. So what happens when all the mexis are here and now they are too good to do those jobs too. And I think its sad that we Americans think we are too good to pick lettuce. If my family were starving and that was the only job I could get , I might hate life, but Im picking lettuce. Who made us all hooty tooty almighty?

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
vraiblonde said:
Mexicans who'll do the #### work so we don't have to.

You got me there. :lmao: Im off the soapbox now. Whew, dont know what got into me. Really, I am not picking no lettuce. Where can I get me one of them there mexis? :killingme

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
baileydog said:
Bush want to allow Mexicans to have temp acess to work here to do the menial jobs that we dont want to do. So what happens when all the mexis are here and now they are too good to do those jobs too. And I think its sad that we Americans think we are too good to pick lettuce. If my family were starving and that was the only job I could get , I might hate life, but Im picking lettuce. Who made us all hooty tooty almighty?

I wonder if we can propose a swap to Presidente Fox. For every hard working illegal he sends us we will send him a welfare deadbeat who can work but chooses not to.

W

Wenchy

FromTexas said:
I wonder if we can propose a swap to Presidente Fox. For every hard working illegal he sends us we will send him a welfare deadbeat who can work but chooses not to.

Great idea!!!

For every import we export.