Furlough out of office reply

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You may have to explain it a little more for me because if we reduce everything you mentioned won't that reduce the workforce? I believe with everything you mentioned there are people behind the scenes that make things happen. I am absolutely for less government involvement in many things but I also realize that a shrinking government means fewer jobs.

How does $8billion for Africa help the US workforce? Besides keeping politicians in their seats, that is?

laynpipe

You may have to explain it a little more for me because if we reduce everything you mentioned won't that reduce the workforce? I believe with everything you mentioned there are people behind the scenes that make things happen. I am absolutely for less government involvement in many things but I also realize that a shrinking government means fewer jobs.

Thank you. That is exactly what I was getting at.

bilbur

How does $8billion for Africa help the US workforce? Besides keeping politicians in their seats, that is?

I agree with that but regulation's create jobs and pork projects create jobs. Even Alaska’s infamous bridge to nowhere created jobs while it was being built. I do not disagree with you, our money should stay in our own back yard then maybe we would have enough money not to furlough hard working government and contractor employees.

How about NAVAIR giving $250,000 to the "Flight Acadamy" at the tech center, for "Immersion based flight simulator training" in the hopes of stimulating an interest in aviation in our high school kids...

I see that as a reasonable investment in education of our future workforce.

dontknowwhy

Let me give it a try:

instead of 6 SHA workers standing around while watching 1 man operate a shovel, now only 3 people stand around while watching 2 people operate a shovel

3 people were let go for acting as overpaid parasites & wasting taxpayers money...with the money saved, the people who paid these exorbitant wages to get nothing in return could actually afford to pay for additional labor, whereby getting the job done quicker, allowing the actual workforce to move on to the next project

we don't want to get rid of those that make things happen...we NEED to get rid of those that make absolutely NOTHING happen

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Let me give it a try:

instead of 6 SHA workers standing around while watching 1 man operate a shovel, now only 3 people stand around while watching 2 people operate a shovel

3 people were let go for acting as overpaid parasites & wasting taxpayers money...with the money saved, the people who paid these exorbitant wages to get nothing in return could actually afford to pay for additional labor, whereby getting the job done quicker, allowing the actual workforce to move on to the next project

we don't want to get rid of those that make things happen...we NEED to get rid of those that make absolutely NOTHING happen

New technique so everyone helps with the shovel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMgKvpSMDBo
Caution strange music in vid.

Crow Bait

In what universe?

I said Possible...

Using the Govt email address for political activity is prohibited. It is gray area because the Out of Office Message suggests contacting congress (all of them, I guess), and the issue is somewhat non-partisan - even though it's been a partisan hot-potato.

If someone wanted to make trouble for a federal employee, they could report this type of activity and there would probably be an investigation.

As with any ethics issue...the perception that there might be an ethics violation can cause as much of a problem as an actual violation.

Information on Hatch Act

Less restricted federal employees:

May not engage in political activity – i.e., activity directed at the success or failure of a political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group – while the employee is on duty, in any federal room or building, while wearing a uniform or official insignia, or using any federally owned or leased vehicle. For example:

May not distribute campaign materials or items.

May not display campaign materials or items.

May not perform campaign related chores.

May not wear or display partisan political buttons, T-shirts, signs, or other items.

May not make political contributions to a partisan political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group.

May not post a comment to a blog or a social media site that advocates for or against a partisan political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group.

May not use any e-mail account or social media to distribute, send, or forward content that advocates for or against a partisan political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group.

bilbur

Let me give it a try:

With your example we now have 2 people on unemployment and federal aid. Now we are paying them to do absolutely nothing. At least when they were watching the guy operate the shovel they made the effort to get out of bed and go to the job site.

JLS

Sorry for my attitude about those getting furloughed now.. I was furloughed about 2 years ago - my whole company was - and considering all the other companies (under my company) that got their full budgets to include COLA and Merit increases while my company got nothing for 4-5 YEARS... we got furloughed so THEY could get their full budgets with their increases included.. Sorry - I know I make considerably less than those down the base and I got furloughed for a year while my same bills everyone else has went up too and hadn't gotten a raise of any type for 4-5 years so .. hey - someone elses turn.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I agree with that but regulation's create jobs and pork projects create jobs. Even Alaska’s infamous bridge to nowhere created jobs while it was being built. I do not disagree with you, our money should stay in our own back yard then maybe we would have enough money not to furlough hard working government and contractor employees.

And we know from the past that the jobs those projects "create" do not even come close to the money the fed shovels (ha) into them.

The vast majority of that money goes to the cronies so they can upgrade their flying palace and enjoy an even more opulent lifestyle - very little of it goes into the pockets of Ordinary Joe.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We can have a conversation about how palm greasing is actually good for the economy - money, like ####, rolls downhill. It is valid to say that some government spending keeps Americans employed, and it is valid to say that rich people spread the wealth.

I'm just telling you what smaller government means, and pointing out that a good portion of fed spending does not benefit Americans in any way.

crazykitty

I received this out of office reply and nearly fell out of my chair, I don't think this person is happy.

"I am currently out of office on furlough. It is forced time off without pay. Please contact Congress for resolution.

My New hours are 7-3 PST Mon-Thurs only

Enjoy your reduction in government provided services."

Love it!!!!

FED_UP

I received this out of office reply and nearly fell out of my chair, I don't think this person is happy.

"I am currently out of office on furlough. It is forced time off without pay. Please contact Congress for resolution.

My New hours are 7-3 PST Mon-Thurs only

Enjoy your reduction in government provided services."

Very appropriate during the furlough.

Beta

Smile!
How about NAVAIR giving $250,000 to the "Flight Acadamy" at the tech center, for "Immersion based flight simulator training" in the hopes of stimulating an interest in aviation in our high school kids...
If the US Government keeps treating its employees to furloughs, the smart kids won't want to work for the federal government or the defense contractors -- they'll go to the private sector.

I fail to see how that even keeps politicians in their seats. Are native Africans happy about it? That can't make up much of the population can it?

Yeah, the politicians are forgetting something...or not forgetting, but don't care: our country can only support other countries while we can AFFORD to do so. We're in serious debt and we're cutting back on our own workforce + salaries. We need to take care of our own country FIRST before we spend elsewhere, or we won't be able to help others for much longer.

I have no problem with foreign aid IF we keep our country running smoothly. The politicians are forgetting that. If they keep shelling out money, instead of saving money, jobs, & reducing the debt, then we're eventually going to crash & burn, so we can't help anyone.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I fail to see how that even keeps politicians in their seats. Are native Africans happy about it? That can't make up much of the population can it?

Liberal American flakebombs are happy about it. They are legion.

inkah

It's unprofessional, and even more so depending upon your position and who would actually be contacting you

Unprofessional??? lol Direction has been provided to add emails similar to this. Unprofessional is what lies behind the reason / need for this automated notice.