Furlough Shortened?

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Yup. My dad already got his letter saying he wasn't anymore. Said somthing about him being an essential Employee. He works for the FAA

glhs837

Power with Control
Wonder if they we remod all those contracts they lowered the level of effort on to %80?.

MarieB

Yup. My dad already got his letter saying he wasn't anymore. Said somthing about him being an essential Employee. He works for the FAA

That was different, and it happened months ago for FAA only

This is new news and different

IrishGal

Stretch's Mom
Wonder if they we remod all those contracts they lowered the level of effort on to %80?.

Heard that only about 35% of contracts were modified. The others were deemed exempt, lower priority, or ran into trouble due to labor unions.

85% of the civilians are furloughed though... to say things are tense is an understatement.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Just spoke to the AD about this and nobody's heard anything definite yet.
S'what else is new?

Who or what is AD? No one down here has any control of this. This is all directed by the SecDef level and the AP news just so happens to reveal the talks (per the article). If commands were given individual options, most employees at Pax would not be furloughed (NAVAIR employees that is).

Since you didn't read the article, it stated clearly that NOTHING was official yet. But before this article I've seen (heard) high level chatter... productivity is going down and they been talking about cutting it shorter than 11 days since it started. I predict by the end of the week it will be reduced if not ended... jmo :whistle:

MMM_donuts

Well, I just booked quite a few appointments on furlough Fridays to catch up on things I don't normally take care of because I can't seem to get all my appointments in one day and don't want to take off work for any longer than I have to (dental cleanings and the like) or want to...

So, you're all welcome. That probably ensured that we'll be back to working Fridays next week.

Well, I just booked quite a few appointments on furlough Fridays to catch up on things I don't normally take care of because I can't seem to get all my appointments in one day and don't want to take off work for any longer than I have to (dental cleanings and the like) or want to...

So, you're all welcome. That probably ensured that we'll be back to working Fridays next week.

Thanks, MMM_donuts. You are the chit. :huggy:

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
So what if they cut the furlough? We've been warned over and over it will be worse next year.

Pretty much the same info about the possible furlough reduction...
AP sources: Pentagon likely to cut furlough days - FederalNewsRadio.com
Excerpt:
The Pentagon faces the prospect of an additional $52 billion budget cut in 2014 unless Congress and the White House come up with a deficit-cutting plan.

Some what true... although from the way I am reading the SecDef... furlough will be last resource... look for RIFs first. And hopefully they offer early retirements before that happens... I would think with early retirements and hiring freeze should cover 2014. After that, I can't see that far in the future since it will be mid-term elections... and it would be a nice 2014 Christmas to clean out thay House of Reps... I mean MAJOR clean out! Think Green Party! All you people who vote republican and or democrat... it hasn't been working since the civil war... why not give a 3rd party a try?

Pete

Repete
Some what true... although from the way I am reading the SecDef... furlough will be last resource... look for RIFs first. And hopefully they offer early retirements before that happens... I would think with early retirements and hiring freeze should cover 2014. After that, I can't see that far in the future since it will be mid-term elections... and it would be a nice 2014 Christmas to clean out thay House of Reps... I mean MAJOR clean out! Think Green Party! All you people who vote republican and or democrat... it hasn't been working since the civil war... why not give a 3rd party a try?

Seriously? The Green party?