Furniture truck scam??

stgislander

PREMO Member
They used to do that all the time. I'd see a truck parked at the Brass Rail every so many months. The way it was explained to me, they'd drive up here from NC with a load of furniture for the local furniture stores. If the stores didn't take everything and since they didn't want to haul any unsold furniture back to NC, they'd sell it alongside the road.

UglyBear

They used to do that all the time. I'd see a truck parked at the Brass Rail every so many months. The way it was explained to me, they'd drive up here from NC with a load of furniture for the local furniture stores. If the stores didn't take everything and since they didn't want to haul any unsold furniture back to NC, they'd sell it alongside the road.
So you are saying there’s a chance they are legit?

stgislander

PREMO Member
My wife did consulting work for the American Home Furnishings Alliance (AHFA) down in NC, and spent time in some of the big name plants. She could tell good furniture from bad. She said what she saw in the truck that would park at the Brass Rail was good furniture.

stgislander

PREMO Member
It used to be that if it was made in NC, it was GOOD furniture. I don't know if that can be said today.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
They used to do this decades ago in Waldorf, in fact, I bought a nice living room set that I had for 15 years, got tired of looking at it and gave it away. It very well could be lockdowns - etc. that have pushed them to work this method meaning this could be legit.