Fusion GPS dossier was one of the dirtiest political tricks in U.S. history

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Central Figure In Russia-Collusion Narrative Said He Never Offered Any Russian ‘Dirt’ On Hillary Clinton, FBI Interview Reveals

Joseph Mifsud, a mysterious professor who was central to the events that allegedly kicked of the FBI’s investigation into whether President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign colluded with Russia to steal the election, told FBI agents in February 2017 that he never had “dirt” on Hillary Clinton and therefore never told Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos that he did.

Further, recently declassified notes from the FBI’s interview of Mifsud reveal the bureau didn’t seem to consider him a “Russian spy,” as was alleged by the media and Democrats throughout the years spent suggesting Mifsud was such. Ex-FBI Director James Comey even called Mifsud a “Russian agent” in a May 2019 op-ed for The Washington Post.

Yet the FBI seemingly let this individual provide answers in a short interview and never charged him with any crimes relating to Russian interference in the election. Former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report on the Russian narrative claimed Mifsud told Papadopoulos in April 2016 that the Russians had “dirt” on Clinton, referring to hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee. The FBI’s “302” file on its interview with Mifsud, however, states that the Maltese professor said he had “no advance knowledge Russia was in possession of emails from the Democratic National Committee and, therefore, did not make any offers or proffer any information” to Papadopoulos.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CIA Director Gina Haspel Blocking Declassifying Critical Documents Related To Russia Investigation, Report Says

Sean Davis, co-founder of The Federalist, reported on Wednesday night that CIA Director Gina Haspel is reportedly blocking the declassification and release of critical documents related to the FBI’s surveillance of the Trump campaign in 2016.

“I can report here tonight that these declassifications that have come out, those weren’t easy to get out and there’s in fact far more waiting to get out,” Davis told Fox News host Tucker Carlson. “Unfortunately, those releases and declassifications, according to multiple sources I’ve talked to, are being blocked by CIA Director Gina Haspel, who herself was the main link between Washington and London as the London station chief for John Brennan’s CIA during the 2016 election.”

“Recall it was London where Christopher Steele was doing all this work,” Davis continued. “And I’m told that it is Gina Haspel personally who’s blocking continued declassification of these documents that will show the American people the truth of what actually happened.”

Davis said that he believes that one reason that certain U.S. officials are making it difficult to declassify documents is because they are “likely implicated by” the documents, adding that their careers could be damaged based on what is contained in the documents.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yes, Hillary Clinton Orchestrated the Russia-Collusion Farce

Did she or didn’t she?

Of course she did. In late July 2016, Hillary Clinton, in an effort to divert attention from the email scandal that was haunting her presidential bid, directed her campaign to peddle a political narrative that Russia’s suspected hacking and leaking of Democratic Party emails was in furtherance of a conspiracy between Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump to swing the election to Trump.

That is, as I argued in Ball of Collusion, the Clinton campaign dreamed up, paid for, and peddled the Trump–Russia collusion farce. And in promoting it, President Obama’s former secretary of state had a willing and able partner in the Obama administration — very much including its intelligence and law-enforcement apparatus.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Newly Released Testimony Shows the FBI Knew the Russia Collusion Story Was Bogus

Senator Lindsey Graham, Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, has released several hundred more documents from his committee’s investigation into the origins of the FBI investigation into possible collusion between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign for president. Included in the document dump was the transcript of closed testimony given last June by former Justice Department official Dana J. Boente.

Boente was acting deputy attorney general in charge of the Crossfire Hurricane investigation for several months in 2017 and told the committee that he was briefed on the program at least six times.

Washington Times:

“I felt that it was important to know something about it,” said Mr. Boente, according to a transcript. “I don’t know if and when I was told that. I think — I recall being told at some point, maybe not February, between February and April, because thankfully my involvement ended in April, that there was no evidence of collusion with the Trump campaign.”
The FBI not only didn’t shut down the probe, they expanded it.

During this time, the FBI also won a judge’s approval for continued wiretapping of campaign volunteer Carter Page. The FBI’s affidavit was based almost exclusively on evidence provided by a Democratic Party-financed dossier prepared by ex-British spy Christopher Steele and sourced to the Kremlin.
The FBI learned in January that Mr. Steele’s main source, Russian-born Igor Danchenko, had told agents his information was unconfirmed hearsay. But the FBI continued to rely on the dossier.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Here We Go: Trump Declassifies 'Crossfire Hurricane' Docs on His Way Out the Door

“At my request, on December 30, 2020, the Department of Justice provided the White House with a binder of materials related to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation,” Trump said in a statement. “Portions of the documents in the binder have remained classified and have not been released to the Congress or the public.” You can read the document below.

“I requested the documents so that a declassification review could be performed and so I could determine to what extent materials in the binder should be released in unclassified form,” Trump added. “I determined that the materials in that binder should be declassified to the maximum extent possible. In response, and as part of the iterative process of the declassification review, under a cover letter dated January 17, 2021.”

Crossfire Hurricane was the code name for the FBI investigation into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russian officials. The Special Counsel’s famed “Mueller report” later found that the evidence did not support claims that Trump and his surrogates “conspired” or “coordinated” with the Russian government.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
New Book From Former NYT Reporter Eviscerates The Bogus Steele Dossier And The Journalists Who Peddled It

When I first heard that a former New York Times investigative reporter was writing a book about “corporate intelligence firms” like Fusion GPS and Orbis Business Intelligence, I was skeptical. Would this mean serious, in-depth scrutiny of the way Glenn Simpson and Christopher Steele peddled too-good-to-check Trump dossier fantasies to their allies in the media? Unlikely.

After all, Barry Meier began working for The Old Gray Lady when I was still in high school. He has serious skins on the wall as a good old-fashioned investigative journalist, but his paper also allowed itself to become Fusion’s mouthpiece for procedural squabbles with congressional investigators seeking to uncover the truth about the dossier and its claims.

Plus, the scope of the book might mean only a chapter or two on Fusion and Orbis, with a litany of stories about the excesses and abuses of other firms.

I was wrong.

Meier has hammered the third nail in the coffin of the Steele dossier. Nail one was Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s April 2019 Report. Nail two was Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s December 2019 Report.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This OP didn't age well. Just when you think the Democrats have pulled their dirtiest trick, they come up with something even dirtier. In the 3+ years since I made that post the Dems have come up with some unbelievably filthy tricks, stuff we never in a million years thought we'd see in the United States of America. Stuff you read about happening in Cuba or some South American shithole.

Cheating and breaking the law to install their bumbling puppet "president" is so far the dirtiest trick imaginable, but they have a better criminal imagination than I do so no doubt they'll top it.

Hijinx

This OP didn't age well. Just when you think the Democrats have pulled their dirtiest trick, they come up with something even dirtier. In the 3+ years since I made that post the Dems have come up with some unbelievably filthy tricks, stuff we never in a million years thought we'd see in the United States of America. Stuff you read about happening in Cuba or some South American shithole.

Cheating and breaking the law to install their bumbling puppet "president" is so far the dirtiest trick imaginable, but they have a better criminal imagination than I do so no doubt they'll top it.

You aint seen nothing yet. If they get HR1 passed the American election will be null and void.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Indictment of Campaign Lawyer Demonstrates How Hillary Clinton Is The Most Systemically Manipulative Politician Of Our Lifetime.

Much like the fabricated Steele Dossier, also paid for and arranged by Clinton operatives, Hillary Clinton and Clintonworld perpetrated a massive fraud on the American public which not only manipulated the election process but also froze the Trump presidency and nearly paralyzed the nation politically for years.

We have had some pretty terrible politicians in our lifetime, and it’s always dangerous to say “the worst” — but the Russia collusion hoax fabricated by Hillary Clinton operatives proves beyond little doubt that Hillary Clinton is the most systemically manipulative politician of our lifetime.
Two must-read analyses put the pieces together. The first is from Andy McCarthy at National Review, The Real Story in Durham’s Indictment of Democratic Lawyer Michael Sussmann:
It is unusual for a one-count false-statement charge, which can be alleged in a paragraph, to be presented as a 27-page speaking indictment. But Durham wrote a highly detailed account of the facts and circumstances surrounding the false-statements charge. It is significant in that it tells us far more about his investigation.
Here is where the prosecutor appears to be going: The Trump–Russia collusion narrative was essentially a fabrication of the Clinton campaign that was peddled to the FBI (among other government agencies) and to the media by agents of the Clinton campaign — particularly, its lawyers at Perkins Coie — who concealed the fact that they were quite intentionally working on the campaign’s behalf, and that they did not actually believe there was much, if anything, to the collusion narrative. It was serviceable as political dirt but would not amount to anything real for criminal or national-security purposes.

Hijinx

Somebody explain to me why the Clinton Attorney is the only one indicted.
Why wasn't Hillary Clinton indicted?

Certainly the Russian hoax was 4 years and many investigations and wasted funds that did harm to the Trump Administration, but it was just the warm-up for the political coup and destruction of the electoral process that elected Joe Biden. There isn't an innocent sonofabitch sitting in the Congress., They all vote and do whatever they are told to do and are as guilty of Treason as Milley, Hillary, John Kerry, and Chuck Schumer.
This election fiasco did not come about unplanned ,It took a major plot to cheat an American election in 5 major States.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Obama DOJ Went Rogue to Spy on an Ex-Trump Campaign Official

The FBI has had a long streak of bad news days. They illegally spied on Page and the Trump campaign through Crossfire Hurricane. Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was in the thick of it regarding the Clinton-funded Steele Dossier, which was the basis for the FISA warrants. Disgraced ex-FBI Director James Comey also knew the origins of this document and still went ahead with these games that have destroyed people's lives and reputations. They spied on innocent Americans based on Democrat-funded opposition research for the 2016 campaign. Some folks, like Nellie Ohr, wife of former top DOJ official Bruce Ohr, were contracted to dig up dirt which the FBI then used to secure these illegal warrants.
https://townhall.com/columnists/vic...es-deterrence-n2596347?utm_campaign=inarticle

The FBI can't find the would-be bomber who placed pipe bombs at the headquarters of both the Republican and Democratic National Committees during the January 6 riot. They initially said that the 2017 shooting of the GOP congressional baseball team was not politically motivated, despite the shooter being a rabid progressive who hated Republicans. The shooter also had a kill list and waited for days near the area where the team would be practicing before he decided to attack. Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) was seriously wounded in the attack. Yet, they were able to find a January 6 riot suspect who had a LEGO set of the US Capitol. Now, we're also learning that the FBI didn't do anything when multiple US gymnasts came forward with horrible stories of sexual abuse at the hands of now-convicted sexual predator Dr. Larry Nassar. The FBI's inaction led to more young women being brutalized by this man.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's a nice piece of revisionist history...did you note this was an "opinion" piece?

Your author forgets that there was significant questioning of Trump ties to Russia well before anything this opinion writer claims? Why were planks changed in the Republican platform at the behest of the Trump campaign that were so generous to Russia? There were all sorts of questions around Manafort the moment his hiring was announced.

Every person around Trump has a memory blackout and they all concern one thing and one thing only...Russia/Putin.

Owned again.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

She was just a puppet, and apparently not a very good one or else she'd still be in there swinging instead of sitting at home in her rocker with a case of Chardonnay, rant-tweeting.

The reason Hillary wasn't investigated and charged is because she knows where all the bodies are buried - a mutual assured destruction type of thing. Normally they'd just kill her off, so she must have an insurance policy.