Future Programmer

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
- eventually bored.
Back in the DOS days, I did a little with Batch and Qbasic and decided a programming course might be interesting.

I added fundamentals of programming, aka glorified flow charting and psuedocode, to my next semester.

I came to admire the skill and attentiveness it takes to do it, but that was the most boring five months of class ever.

black dog

Free America
This was on Shark Tank last night, Mark Cuban and his kids were users of this before he bought a chunk of her company.

And I thought my kid learned machine cnc? code in HS at the Tech Center in Leonardtown.

SamSpade

This was on Shark Tank last night, Mark Cuban and his kids were users of this before he bought a chunk of her company.

And I thought my kid learned machine cnc? code in HS at the Tech Center in Leonardtown.
I've seen videos of that. It gives the student an idea of what happens when you code, especially in an object-based GUI environment. You might create a character, and create rules for what happens when you click on it, right-click, push a certain key and so on. So you can create rules saying, rotate character, slide from side to side, jump up and down, run, walk. That sort of thing.

You can make something that looks a bit like Asteroids or Space Invaders or even Pac-Man or Mario Brothers, but that's about it. It's not going to do math or any calculations - at least not from the programmer's point of view.