FYI -- Weather

yakky doodle

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR TODAY
UNTIL 4:00PM EST
Wswlwx

Urgent - Winter Weather Message National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington Dc 1030 AM EST Tue Jan 21 2003

2100 - Calvert MD - Charles MD - King George VA - Spotsylvania VA - St. Marys MD - Stafford VA - 1030 AM EST Tue Jan 21 2003

... Winter Weather Advisory For Today...

Snow Will Continue Through Mid Afternoon Across The Advisory Area. The Snow May Be Heavy At Times... Reducing Visibilities To Less Than 1 Mile. Total Snow Accumulation By Late Afternoon Is Expected To Be 1 To 3 Inches. The Snow Will Taper To Flurries By Late Afternoon.

A Winter Weather Advisory Is Issued When Snow Is Forecast To Develop... But Accumulations Are Expected To Be Light. Snow Will Make Driving And Walking Difficult On Untreated Roadways And Sidewalks. Motorists Should Be Especially Careful On Bridges And Overpasses Where Slippery Spots Can Easily Develop.

Stay Tuned To Noaa Weather Radio And Other Local Media For Further Details Or Updates.

brought to you courtesy of my weather bug :wink:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Hey - I got one too!

Sharon,

Here is a current Winter Storm Watch/Warning for Home (Dowell, MD) until 4:00pm, Tue Jan 21 2003, from your local National Weather Service office.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
1030 AM EST TUE JAN 21 2003

CALVERT MD-CHARLES MD-KING GEORGE VA-SPOTSYLVANIA VA-ST. MARYS MD-
STAFFORD VA-
1030 AM EST TUE JAN 21 2003

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR TODAY...

SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MID AFTERNOON ACROSS THE ADVISORY AREA.
THE SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES...REDUCING VISIBILITIES TO LESS THAN
1 MILE. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION BY LATE AFTERNOON IS EXPECTED TO BE
1 TO 3 INCHES. THE SNOW WILL TAPER TO FLURRIES BY LATE AFTERNOON.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SNOW IS FORECAST TO
DEVELOP...BUT ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE LIGHT. SNOW WILL MAKE
DRIVING AND WALKING DIFFICULT ON UNTREATED ROADWAYS AND SIDEWALKS.
MOTORISTS SHOULD BE ESPECIALLY CAREFUL ON BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES
WHERE SLIPPERY SPOTS CAN EASILY DEVELOP.

K

Kain99

This is a nice suprise - Fox 5 at 7:00am said that DC and points North would see a passing flurry but nothing in the South.

K

Katie

Originally posted by Kain99
This is a nice suprise - Fox 5 at 7:00am said that DC and points North would see a passing flurry but nothing in the South.

Yeah I heard that on the radio. You know I am going to start ignoring them because they are never right.