Fyi

mingiz

Horse Poor
Just got this update from a friend...Thought I would share.....

FYI,
Kelly

Date: February 23, 2007 5:30:26 PM EST
To: Cecilia <blackhawkeprod@mac.com>
Subject: Re: UPDATE EHV-1

Wow, now the Master of Foxhounds Association (MFHA) has mandated that no hunts occur in MD or VA until further notice and then the Virginia Governor mandated that no horses are to be moved around the state or across state line!

----- Original Message -----
To: "Annmari Ingersoll"
Subject: Re: UPDATE EHV-1
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:15:00 -0500

Thank you for sending this! We will pass it on.

Take care,

C

On Feb 23, 2007, at 1:55 PM, Annmari Ingersoll wrote:

Frank & C C,
Thanks for all the updates so far. By the way, Morven park has 4 postive tested horses now, the news was the front page of Culpeper paper yesterday, and the Virginia Hunt races have been cancelled for the next 45 days. All 7 of those horses and the owners fo the 8th were in that environment!
Thanks, Annmari

----- Original Message -----
To: undisclosed-recipients, :
Subject: UPDATE EHV-1
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:21:14 -0500

Update on the New Horse Virus Detected In Maryland

We would like to thank Sue duPont from the MDA for providing us with this information via a phone interview prior to its release at 6pm on Feb 22. We will endeavor to keep you updated.

Equine Herpesvirus Update (2/22/07)

Click here for more information about EHV-1 prevention and links to additional resources:

www.mda.state.md.us/animal_health/diseases/ehv.php

February 22 - 6pm - Informational Meetings from the Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center

*Informational Meeting for Veterinarians -

Saturday, February 24, 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm, Morven Park International Equestrian Center, 41793 Tutt Lane, Leesburg, Virginia 20176

* Informational Meeting for Clients -

Monday, February 26, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Best Western Leesburg-Dulles, 726 East Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia

February 22 - 4pm - Update from the Maryland Department of Agriculture

New information today from Leesburg indicates there are a number of new facilities and horses of interest in Maryland. MDA is in the process of evaluating their risk level, collecting samples and placing hold orders on these facilities as appropriate. Details on the number of farms and horses will be available in the morning.

General information:

• The Hold Order - All eight properties of interest in Maryland are under MDA 7-day "investigational hold orders," which does the same thing as a quarantine - prevent the movement of horses on or off of the properties until they are lifted.

• We are taking this very seriously and our policy is NOT to wait for test results to place a hold order. We can extend or lift the hold orders as warranted.

• Based on our animal health staff's visits and evaluations of the farms, horses - those from Leesburg as well as stable mates, the fact that they are generally small, private farms, and the general lack of movement on and off the farms prior to the hold orders, we feel this is a minimal risk situation to the broader horse community. We expect the first round of samples back by Monday.

• At this time, we are advising people (other than those on the farms with hold orders) to go about their normal business cautiously and with a heightened sense of awareness. Be sure to ask questions about the health of horses at a destination farm and shippers before moving your horse.

• Always report any signs of illness to private veterinarian. With EHV-1, fevers over 103, unexplained respiratory disease, and any nerologic conditions are of concern. Neurologic signs are reportable by veterinarians in Maryland.

• Because we now feel this is low-risk situation for the broad community, we are not discussing locations of animals as it will not have an impact on containing the situation.

• There are no EHV-1 positive horses in Maryland now.

• There will be updates posted daily on MDA’s website, www.mda.state.md.us

• If you would like to be added to an e-mail list-serve to get e-mail notices about horse health issues, contact Rob Burk,

410-841-5798 leave your name, phone number and e-mail address for him to get back to you and add you to the list.

BlackHawke
Frank and CeCe Maddlone
888-229-8975
blackhawkeprod@mac.com

--

<http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=en-mail_a_01>

BlackHawke
Frank and CeCe Maddlone
888-229-8975
blackhawkeprod@mac.com

--

<http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=en-mail_a_01>

BlackHawke
Frank and CeCe Maddlone
888-229-8975
blackhawkeprod@mac.com

T

TWHFAN1

M~ Were can I find more about the supposid (sp?) suspention of any animals being moved in Va? I googled all over. Any help appriciated, Thanks

fredsaid2

TWHFAN1 said:
M~ Were can I find more about the supposid (sp?) suspention of any animals being moved in Va? I googled all over. Any help appriciated, Thanks

The issue of VA closing borders came up on another board, a poster called the Governor’s office and was told it was not the case. They also said transport companies are continuing to operate as normal, just hopefully not from one of the quarantined barns!

Appears it's just an example of an internet statement gone awry.

T

TWHFAN1

fredsaid2 said:
The issue of VA closing borders came up on another board, a poster called the Governor’s office and was told it was not the case. They also said transport companies are continuing to operate as normal, just hopefully not from one of the quarantined barns!

Appears it's just an example of an internet statement gone awry.

Thanks. I did hear that the Huntmaster thing is 100% true though. No fox hunt club in VA allowed to meet and hunt for the time being.

fredsaid2

TWHFAN1 said:
Thanks. I did hear that the Huntmaster thing is 100% true though. No fox hunt club in VA allowed to meet and hunt for the time being.

I heard the same. There's going to be some awfully fresh hunters out there if they're kept out of the field for too long. Hope it doesn't last too long, those fox hunters are some dedicated riders!

Robin

There is alot more information on the Virginia Department of Agriculture and it lists the counties and how many horses. I know a few of the local boarding farms in this area are refusing new horses entering the premises until this situation is a little more clarified. Please keep your horses safe

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Robin said:
There is alot more information on the Virginia Department of Agriculture and it lists the counties and how many horses. I know a few of the local boarding farms in this area are refusing new horses entering the premises until this situation is a little more clarified. Please keep your horses safe

:howdy: is this my friend Robin??