Gallup says Bush lead increasing...

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
There are a quite a few more showing Bush increases. My favorite is the most recent ICR showing a larger lead plus it breaks down where it came from. Bush actually lost ground with independent voters but brought over a nice chunk of Democrat voters. :lmao:

SamSpade

Even though I support Bush, I'm suspicious of any poll that:

1. Shows a huge fluctuation from weeks past and
2. Is widely at variance with other polls.

Even though the webmaster is a Democrat and *tries* to be balanced (but isn't), the site www.electoral-vote.com currently has a good explanation of how polls are done, and why they're getting harder to do accurately nowadays. I'm inclined to agree with him (her?) that 7-day running polls probably give the best results. Over a week, you're less likely to miss people going to mid-week church or softball games or their kid's soccer practice or staying late at work.

The 7-day totals show a smaller Bush lead.

ylexot

Super Genius
There's only one "poll" that matters to me...the actual vote. Other polls can be fun to watch, but they can change at the drop of a hat.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Kerry is bringing about his own downfall

John Kerry: He has nowhere to flop anymore

It may be that more Americans are waking up to the reality that John Kerrys'
positions change with the wind he's so fond of surfing in.

We need a commander-in-chief that will stay the course, who will provide confidence in his administrations' ability to protect the country, and I don't feel that John Kerry transmits that kind of message.

Flip-flopping, wishy-washy - call it what you will - I think this is where more Americans are seeing the difference in these two men, and this is why GW's lead is growing between himself and Kerry.

Kerry changes his position to curry favor among the left, middle and right leaning factions of his party to garner their support; in doing so, he's destroying his base.

In one of the talk shows on the tube this morning it was stated that the Kerry team is running the best presidential campaign the Republicans could have ever asked for. :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The war issue is killing him. He can't say he supports it, because then he loses his base. He can't say he's against it, because then he loses the moderates and the undecideds.

And every time another set of protestors trashes a city, or a Michael Moore makes a film, or a celebrity makes a crude joke, that's all the bigger Kerry's loss will be. Most Americans love their country and when they hear someone trash it on behalf of the Democratic candidate...well.....

:shrug:

We also love our President, if for no other reason than he's OUR President. You have to be real careful when trashing a sitting President, especially in time of war. John Kerry's not being particularly careful.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
vraiblonde said:
The war issue is killing him. He can't say he supports it, because then he loses his base. He can't say he's against it, because then he loses the moderates and the undecideds.

And every time another set of protestors trashes a city, or a Michael Moore makes a film, or a celebrity makes a crude joke, that's all the bigger Kerry's loss will be. Most Americans love their country and when they hear someone trash it on behalf of the Democratic candidate...well.....

:shrug:

We also love our President, if for no other reason than he's OUR President. You have to be real careful when trashing a sitting President, especially in time of war. John Kerry's not being particularly careful.
:yeahthat: I have to think the "undecideds" are slowly getting the message; John Kerry is a waffler, and he is backing himself into a corner where there's not much room to maneuver from.

The people out there in middle America are seeing that he is a "carreer politician", an anti-war dove, although he tries to put on an alternate "face" now and then. As such, he may not have the best interests of our country in his plans for us as a nation, particularly when we deem it necessary to action offensively to thwart a terrorist act.

I may not be all that happy with every one of GW's policies, but I trust him to do the right thing for America, and it's allies.

B

Bruzilla

Assuming the convention "bounce" has passed, Bush has been making gains only ove the past week or two. What's happened during that time:

1. He got slimed by CBS.
2. Kerry accused him of trying to suppress black votes.
3. Kerry accused him of having some super-secret plan for more troops.
4. Kerry still refuses to release his service records while Bush has released everything but the receipt for his last AAFES haircut.

I think those have more to do with Kerry's decline than anything else.