Game of Thrones

jen8753

I have garlic breath.
Am I the only one who thinks they are SERIOUSLY rushing these last two "half seasons"? Don't get me wrong...I love getting answers to long awaited questions and I really like the episodes I've seen. It just feels very rushed to me and I don't see why it has to be that way. Maybe I am just salty because it is so close to the end...

Chris0nllyn

Am I the only one who thinks they are SERIOUSLY rushing these last two "half seasons"? Don't get me wrong...I love getting answers to long awaited questions and I really like the episodes I've seen. It just feels very rushed to me and I don't see why it has to be that way. Maybe I am just salty because it is so close to the end...

Yea, I agree.

Now that they know the end, they can;t drag all the story lines out, so time to finish it all in a hurry. On one hand, it's nice to see things actually happen during the episodes, on the other, that means 1 season and 1 episode to go. :(

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Yea, I agree.

Now that they know the end, they can;t drag all the story lines out, so time to finish it all in a hurry. On one hand, it's nice to see things actually happen during the episodes, on the other, that means 1 season and 1 episode to go. :(

I think it changed because the first several seasons were taken from GRR Martins books and the last couple of seasons the writers were kind of winging it because the new books weren't written yet. He's probably given them ideas on which way he planned to go, but that's all subject to him not changing his mind while writing.

Ok, a bit :offtopic:, but I stopped at Joe's Crab Shack in Fredericksburg yesterday. Got a new t-shirt.

20170826_175803-001.jpg

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Ok the year and a half wait is over. Who's going to be the first major character to bite it, my guess is Sansa Stark.

glhs837

Power with Control
Agree. Not the greatest in history, but certainly cleared a few things up.

There were great moments though. When Arya met Clegane again, that was pretty well done. "You left me for dead". "But I robbed you first". What the hell was that weapon she wanted the young guy to build? I'm assuming she plans to use her skills to go after the Night King?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I bought the first season on dvd just to keep up w/conversations around the coffee mess. I got as far as the 10 year old (maybe) who was still nursing, packed up the dvd, and stuck it near the coffee pot with a note stating take me I'm yours. I can read that stuff without cringing but I can't watch it - too yuck.
WTF!?!

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, the lady doing that was insane, even by the loose standards of a feudal society, so there's that. Yet another illustration that those with absolute power can indulge insanity.

glhs837

Power with Control
We just found out last night who his mother and father were.......... complete twist, throws a lot of stuff back into the air..... He survived, but somehow a price was paid to make him like normal persaon who used to be dead, not one of the shambling horde.

Chris0nllyn

There were great moments though. When Arya met Clegane again, that was pretty well done. "You left me for dead". "But I robbed you first". What the hell was that weapon she wanted the young guy to build? I'm assuming she plans to use her skills to go after the Night King?

I liked her reuniting with Jon in the forest. It had its good parts, for sure. The show just has had some great episodes (red wedding, for example) that I woudn't put this one up there.

There's so much untold things and easter egg hunts in the show, it makes it hard to speculate, but my guess is a spear (she's been training with one, but has yet to fight with one) that is detachable. Part dragonglass and part valyrian steel.

There's a whole backstory on why this is the case. Arya areally looked up to the Dornes and they killed one dragon and queen Targeryan using a scorpian (big-ass crossbow) thousands of years ago.

Please. That's not even remotely the worst part of the show. :lol:

We just found out last night who his mother and father were.......... complete twist, throws a lot of stuff back into the air..... He survived, but somehow a price was paid to make him like normal persaon who used to be dead, not one of the shambling horde.

Yea, there's all kinds of theories now that we (and he) knows who he really is. Though there was a very subtle, yet clear, clue last season.

I think Bran will play a larger part than it seems right now. I like when he said he was "waiting for an old friend", then Jamie shows up. :lol:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Why do the people who don't watch Game of Thrones love to the be the first one commenting on "They never have watched", "I will never watch"
etc. ?

It's like going out to dinner with a Gluten free Vegan with raspberry allergies, it's the first thing they have to tell everyone........

Chris0nllyn

yikes - I really need to find the books and re-read them. Thanks you've piqued my interest.

Having not read the books, I can't say for sure the show lines up with them. Pretty sure some "purists" have complained that the books and show don't align.

Just a heads up.