Garage Door - New Installation

JazCat

Hello,
Could someone please recommend a company (other than Sears) that installs new garage doors? I'm in the Hampshire Dev. in Waldorf. I'm so frustrated right now. I had an 8:00A - 12:00P appointment with Sears, which then turned into a 12:30P to 3:00P appointment, which has now turned into a "he'll get there, when he gets there" appointment. Someone is getting a bill for my wasted leave day.
Thanks for your recommendations.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That would annoy me like crazy. I hate when these people think they can just waste your time like that.

Hope you get a good recommendation.

Hijinx

Hello,
Could someone please recommend a company (other than Sears) that installs new garage doors? I'm in the Hampshire Dev. in Waldorf. I'm so frustrated right now. I had an 8:00A - 12:00P appointment with Sears, which then turned into a 12:30P to 3:00P appointment, which has now turned into a "he'll get there, when he gets there" appointment. Someone is getting a bill for my wasted leave day.

Loew's put mine on.

yupr.com

Thomas

Thomas Garage Doors
27793 Baptist Church Rd
Mechanicsville, MD 20659

(301) 290-5751

They gave me a great price on installation of two doors, and then charged me the cost of Sears materials ($300?) for adding quality electric openers later (with remotes and everything).

Freefaller

CaLL a Local

Hello,

G & B Enterprises in La Plata sells and installs "Wayne Dalton" garage doors.
They've been in Charles County for 30 or more years. (301) 870-3525

JazCat

Thanks, I'll give the companies mentioned a call tomorrow. Sears finally showed up, but I had already made up my mind not to use them. I never did get a call letting me know when I could expect them. Oh well.

acommondisaster

I'm done with Sears, too, for the same sort of reason. Hired them to clean carpets and they never showed up, never called. I scheduled more than a week in advance and it was important to me to get it done before my company came. Was able to get Stanley Steemer to come do it the next day.

'SkinsFan

Hello,

I just had my gear box replaced last Friday by Lowes. I was very impressed with the service--the installers arrived as promised and were very efficient and knowledgeable iin installing the new equipment. Lowes prices were excellent and I was told they would match other prices. I had a Chamberlain opener installed to replace an old Sears Craftsman. I would recommend Lowes to everyone. I know they are not as well known as other better-known installers. I was so impressed with them that I have contracted to have them install new gutters next Tuesday. My advice: Check out Lowes.
Over the years I have turned to this Forum many times for doctors and other referrals. You have always been very helpful. I am so happy that I can give my imput here; I think you will be pleased with Lowes prices and installation.