Garden 2022

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Well, got a good hit in today. Roma's, Ancho, Cayenne, Zucchini, Swiss Chard, Sunflower, Basil, Borage, 3 Scented Geranium.

After the rain, Thursday or so, Beans, Leeks, Cherokee Tomato, Cucumber, Dill. Need to find some Jalapeno. No potato this year, and peas look pitiful. Have been picking nice Asparagus for a couple weeks. Strawberries, Blueberries, Figs, and Apples are loaded....soon......

Let the fun begin!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My baby red potatoes. I didn't want them or my 'maters to die while I was gone, so I took them with me. When I started the trip a week and a half ago, the 'taters were only as high as the first leaf. The 'maters have taken 2 road trips to Arkansas and back.

20220430_112404.jpg

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Well, got a good hit in today. Roma's, Ancho, Cayenne, Zucchini, Swiss Chard, Sunflower, Basil, Borage, 3 Scented Geranium.

After the rain, Thursday or so, Beans, Leeks, Cherokee Tomato, Cucumber, Dill. Need to find some Jalapeno. No potato this year, and peas look pitiful. Have been picking nice Asparagus for a couple weeks. Strawberries, Blueberries, Figs, and Apples are loaded....soon......

Let the fun begin!
If I ever managed to get a place where I can do a garden again asparagus is going to be the first on my list.

my-thyme

Patron
I grow both, and the purple is my favorite. Bonus, the bugs go for the green and leave the purple alone!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Wow! Your ‘mater plants have traveled more than I have. 😄
My SIL gave me a very funny look when I brought them in her house the 1st time. The 2nd time, the look wasn't quite so funny.... She was happy when I left with them. :lol:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Daughter in I rode out to Green Acres and picked up Big Boy tomatoes and California(?) Wonder bell peppers. She saw a dwarf sunflower and it made her happy, so she indulged herself.

my-thyme

Patron
Green Acres is my go to. Kinda sorry to see them getting so big.

Years ago I went looking for comfry. Couldn't find it, so asked a young man in case I was missing seeing it. He said no, then went and dug me up a shovelful from their garden.

my-thyme

Patron
Before it rains today, heading out to try to finish pulling weeds. Will mulch once there's some moisture in the ground to hold in.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Before it rains today, heading out to try to finish pulling weeds. Will mulch once there's some moisture in the ground to hold in.
I still have weeding and mulching to do, and this morning would be perfect for it, but just don't have the energy right now.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My daughter's garden spot had been let go for a few years, as the elderly folks that had the place, could no longer tend it. The grass and weeds come on with a vengeance, so we got 36" weed block to help keep them in check. We plan to cover any soil that isn't planted. We'll see how it goes...

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Let the fun begin!
Pics?
I want to start a garden, but I don't no where to start.
Raised beds?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Rain should hold off until this evening. I trimmed the hedges yesterday after a 3 year hiatus. Also weeded part of the flower beds and am paying dearly for it today. Also having a tree dropped today. That's going to be a mess for a bit.