Garden 2022

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've tried a lot of different things to deter deer, but the only thing that seems to work is Deer Away. Couldn't find it last time, settled for Deer and Rabbit repellent from Lowes. Seems to work ok, but be forewarned: it is the most gawd-awful smelling stuff ever. It may keep the deer away, but you won't want to smell your flower garden after using it.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
First of the season!

0509221857a_HDR.jpg

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've tried a lot of different things to deter deer, but the only thing that seems to work is Deer Away. Couldn't find it last time, settled for Deer and Rabbit repellent from Lowes. Seems to work ok, but be forewarned: it is the most gawd-awful smelling stuff ever. It may keep the deer away, but you won't want to smell your flower garden after using it.
Can you pee on it?

Kinnakeet

Did you ever try hair? It works, human hair deters deer, squirrel and rabbit. So hit up some barber shops and see if they will let you sweep up and bag some clippings. Spread it around the perimeter or lightly work it into the soil.
10 foot tall fence

rio

Finally got my perennial herbs weeded and mulched and some new ones planted. Got lettuce in the boxes on my deck and tomatoes and peppers in pots. Still haven't gotten beans or anything planted in our big garden. It's been too cold or wet or I've been out of town.... Not sure how much I should do this year as I know I'll be gone a lot helping my daughter in NC prepaare for her wedding in July and a few other short trips.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I hate when it all comes ripe and I'm out of town.
My MIL has gotten so in to her garden, getting her to decide on a date to come visit from the midwest is comical :lol: I listen to her go on about her garden's sprouting schedule, and realize she ain't got time for us :lol: she really has a lovely and successful veggie garden though. We'll give her a break this year and find some time to drive out there. It's made me realize how much work goes into even a modest sized home garden.

rio

We got our corn and green beans planted this past weekend. Already have green tomatoes on the vines of what we planted 2 weeks ago.

And yes, the no seeums are terrible this year!

PJay

Campground stayed once, owner sold this stuff.. swore it kept the bugs away...I can see why..very strong and stinks. I don't really care for Bath and Body Works stuff..but it did keep the bugs off me.

2363084.JPG

phreddyp

My biggest problem with gardens is - deer. There's just no place outdoors on my property that they won't eventually come and eat everything.
The only places I can grow are on my porch - which means herbs and small vegetable plants. When they're hungry, nothing deters them - smells, sounds, they don't care.

Years ago they weren't pests - I planted a quarter acre of vegetables. Now, they destroy them before they even produce anything. And you can't kill 'em all they just keep coming back.
Deer fence , cheap easy to install lasts for years.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Garden looks good, but I had an unexpected free morning, so went up to the Loveville Produce Auction. Scored some great veggies.
0608221306~2.jpg

Canned 10 pints of green beans.

0609221404~2.jpg

And had a great dinner!

0609221816~2.jpg

TPD

the poor dad
Green beans were more than $40 a box 2 weeks ago. Hope you didn’t pay pay that much this week.