Garden 2022

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Green beans were more than $40 a box 2 weeks ago. Hope you didn’t pay pay that much this week.
I paid more than I wanted to, but not that much. They were beautiful, got 4 meals (gave some to friends) and 10 pints canned, so I was ok with what I paid.

Not too many people there. It's hard to bid against the resellers, I really hate them.

My beans have come up beautifully, hope to can lots. I plan on 2-4 pints a week for 30 weeks, so would like to do about 100 pints. Will hopefully do the same amount of tomatoes.

By the way, got canning lids at the store? Large mouth?

TPD

the poor dad
I paid more than I wanted to, but not that much. They were beautiful, got 4 meals (gave some to friends) and 10 pints canned, so I was ok with what I paid.

Not too many people there. It's hard to bid against the resellers, I really hate them.

My beans have come up beautifully, hope to can lots. I plan on 2-4 pints a week for 30 weeks, so would like to do about 100 pints. Will hopefully do the same amount of tomatoes.

By the way, got canning lids at the store? Large mouth?
Lol and resellers despise Harry homeowners.

Not sure if we have any lids At the moment - been hit or miss For the last year. Call tomorrow and ask Angela. 301.872.0444.

my-thyme

Patron
If I make lots of beans, may take some up for sale. I'd like to make $40 a box.

Reactions: TPD

my-thyme

Patron
My garden is SINGING WITH JOY over the rain.

0611222017~2.jpg

rio

And see that poor old cedar tree in the back? The snow storm took one limb out and nuded the entire front. But, she still just officially measured as the largest cedar in the state of Maryland! (tied with a tree in Prince Fredrick.)

How cool is that?!?!?
Extremely cool!!!

Loper

Animal Poor!
The re-sellers have a place there, over in the large and medium auction.

I'm just trying to feed my family. And have a little fun while doing it.
I haven't been since the plandemic started. Is it still pretty much the same as before? I know before the mid level auction, you had to deal with many that had personal hygiene and personal space issues.

Bonehead

I haven't been since the plandemic started. Is it still pretty much the same as before? I know before the mid level auction, you had to deal with many that had personal hygiene and personal space issues.
Got that right peeeyouuuuu ! I haven't been in a couple of years.

my-thyme

Patron
People are pretty well spread out. Lots of squash right now, hot house tomatoes, yuck.

I've always enjoyed going, and will continue to when I'm able. I'm a sucker for lots that no one is bidding on, got some iris bulbs and a plant I had no intention on bringing home. One year, I got a big box of popcorn on the cob, yumo!

WheezyCarl

I learned an interesting fact recently while shopping at an Artisan Market while on vacation. A loofah (not the synthetic version) is actually a gourd. Grown, dried and cleaned for our exfoliating pleasure. Guess I always thought they were from the sea, ocean... huh.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just staked up the 'maters, got one little tiny teensie weensie green 'mater. Can't wait....

The dinner plate hibiscus were not doing well by the road anymore. They used to get a lot of water from road runoff, but since the road was fixed and repaved a few years back, they don't get the free water anymore. A little too far to drag the hose to all of the time, so I replanted them with the others in front of the house. This year the established plants are full of flower buds because I put up deer netting.

I desperately wanted to weed, the caterpillar grass is taking over again, but my knees were yelling at me.

20220614_143428.jpg 20220614_143602.jpg 20220614_143634.jpg

my-thyme

Patron
I have a hibiscus like that, huge red flowers.

My boys used to be very startled seeing it, they thought I was growing cannabis.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I have a hibiscus like that, huge red flowers.

My boys used to be very startled seeing it, they thought I was growing cannabis.
:lol:

Yes, huge flowers. Some are 10-12 inches across. They like having wet feet, frequent watering makes more and larger flowers.