Garden 2024

Do you garden?

• Yes, lots of vegetables.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Too much work, I buy at the local stand.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I love flowers!

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I grow just enough to say I garden.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I don't have the space or ambition for a large garden, and a small one is good for a lot of work and tending and caring and feeding just to get one small harvest which is gone in one or two meals. I have some tomatoes ready for planting, but going to try hydroponic this year, just because.

Otherwise, flowers are much more long lasting, varied, and come back every year. My miniature yellow iris are already blooming.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Started picking romaine along with red leaf lettuce and kale this week. Onions, carrots, beets, strawberries just around the corner. Summer seedlings have started to sprout including tomatoes, squash, pole beans, cucumbers and others.
This year's "try something new" crop is potatoes. Got those in the ground last weekend.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
And I'm now in a deer war.

Went to make my second asparagus picking, all nibbled to the ground. I didn't even realize they liked asparagus. So my day yesterday was spent putting up posts and rope.

Counted 25 of those large rodents last night. They gotta go.

my-thyme

Patron
I don't have the space or ambition for a large garden, and a small one is good for a lot of work and tending and caring and feeding just to get one small harvest which is gone in one or two meals. I have some tomatoes ready for planting, but going to try hydroponic this year, just because.

Otherwise, flowers are much more long lasting, varied, and come back every year. My miniature yellow iris are already blooming.
Deer, that's all a small garden is good for.

I agree, flowers are the way to go. The Amish grow plenty of veggies for me.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Went to make my second asparagus picking, all nibbled to the ground. I didn't even realize they liked asparagus. So my day yesterday was spent putting up posts and rope.

Track them by their stinkle. Then BOOM!

Kinnakeet

I can help you

my-thyme

Patron
0429241956~2.jpg