Garden In!

TPD

the poor dad
Picked the first hand full of asparagus from the garden yesterday

....and gave it away. sigh

Fixed the second handful tonight for dinner, so good. We will have fresh asparagus from now until Memorial Day, every night.

Radishes ready next week.
I think I may have enough this evening for my dinner. Will be first picking - about to go check. Thx for reminder.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Spent 3 hrs in my 96 yr old aunt's garden today. She supervised, and kept me supplied with cold water. I ran the shovel.

Got more sun than I expected, my shoulders are on fire. Never, ever learn.

my-thyme

Patron
Frost everywhere this morning.

Peas and potatoes never came up, so gonna replant this morning. Now that I'm only feeding 2 of us regularly, will get some asparagus in the freezer. Picked parsley and have in the dehydrator.

Anyone need chives or thyme for their garden? Mint, lemon balm, or bee balm? I'm thinning these and the excess ŵill go to the edge of the woods. If you want some, come get it.

my-thyme

Patron
Oh, yeah!

my-thyme

Patron
Those asparagus look terrible. So cold they're turning purple. You need to heat them up, quick. I can help....
Haha. Purple variety. Plant them beside green, green get bugs, none on purple. And are delicious!

my-thyme

Patron
Last pick for the asparagus, let everything that comes up now go to fern to get ready for next year.

Tomatoes, squash, peppers, celery, beans, cucs in the ground.

Strawberries have been wonderful. Blueberries will be ripe in a couple-3 weeks. Blackberries just blossoming, should be ready mid-July.

Gardening is fun and delicious!

PJay

Last pick for the asparagus, let everything that comes up now go to fern to get ready for next year.

Tomatoes, squash, peppers, celery, beans, cucs in the ground.

Strawberries have been wonderful. Blueberries will be ripe in a couple-3 weeks. Blackberries just blossoming, should be ready mid-July.

Gardening is fun and delicious!

I agree on the delicious part 👍

my-thyme

Patron
Ugh! I'm still "building" my garden. Hand mixing soil and organic material is a beyotch.
Not too late. Plant tomatoes until early August. Broccoli and cabbage and the like starting mid August. Beans, cucs, squashes, Swiss chard thru August. Leafy greens, radishes thru Sept.

Find some old (1 yr +) horse manure, spread and let it sit thru a rain. Should turn easier.

my-thyme

Patron
The WORST garden I've ever had. Between enjoying time with the kids and the rains, a lot of neglect going on, and it shows.

Plenty of herbs, and cucs and tomatoes enough for our dinners. Strawberries were prolific, blueberries and blackberries, eh. Fig is loaded so hope they ripen well.

No beans, squash, chard, all we love and live on during the summer months. Spent this morning doing some replanting, hopefully the fall will be better.

TPD

the poor dad
The WORST garden I've ever had. Between enjoying time with the kids and the rains, a lot of neglect going on, and it shows.

Plenty of herbs, and cucs and tomatoes enough for our dinners. Strawberries were prolific, blueberries and blackberries, eh. Fig is loaded so hope they ripen well.

No beans, squash, chard, all we love and live on during the summer months. Spent this morning doing some replanting, hopefully the fall will be better.
As I said in another post - 16"+ of rain since June 9th. Yup that will ruin a garden. I think my neighbor has just about given up on his so no cuke or 'mater steeling for me...

rio

Between getting everything planted late because of the cool weather, rain, critters, and being gone for 2 weeks I'm lucky to have what I've got. First planting of beans I picked and canned 9pints the day before we left. Daughter was going to pick them again in a few days to keep the plants going, but ended up in the hospital for 4 days so it didn't get done and they're too far gone to worry about. Second planting should be ready to pick soon. Got 4 1/2 dozen ears of corn from the first pull, should get plenty more if the critters don't get it. Getting plenty of cukes. Only 2 pepper and 3 tomato plants still alive, but no produce yet. Blue, black, and raspberries are so/so- been picking and freezing them until I have enough to do something with them. Herbs are all doing ok.
Husband seeded the yard this year so there weren't enough dandelions to make jelly with 😡.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Between getting everything planted late because of the cool weather, rain, critters, and being gone for 2 weeks I'm lucky to have what I've got. First planting of beans I picked and canned 9pints the day before we left. Daughter was going to pick them again in a few days to keep the plants going, but ended up in the hospital for 4 days so it didn't get done and they're too far gone to worry about. Second planting should be ready to pick soon. Got 4 1/2 dozen ears of corn from the first pull, should get plenty more if the critters don't get it. Getting plenty of cukes. Only 2 pepper and 3 tomato plants still alive, but no produce yet. Blue, black, and raspberries are so/so- been picking and freezing them until I have enough to do something with them. Herbs are all doing ok.
Husband seeded the yard this year so there weren't enough dandelions to make jelly with 😡.
I hope your daughter is doing well now.