Gas Run

PeoplesElbow

We had a lady call out today because her gas tank is empty and can't get to work. So.. this gas "crisis" happened on Tuesday and it never occurred to her to go find some gas between then and last night. She just kept driving to and from work and to and from wherever until her car just died. Idiot!!
She just wanted an excuse to take Friday off.

We have a saying nobody is really sick on Monday or Friday.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
She just wanted an excuse to take Friday off.

We have a saying nobody is really sick on Monday or Friday.
Mondays and Fridays are the only days she comes in sort of on time. Other days she doesn't show up until noon when she is supposed to be here before 9am.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Must be government.
Yes but that's not why she does it. The rest of us show up on time. She does it because she was a pity hire and she knows nobody will say anything to her because she will play the victim card. I mean, how in the world did she expect to know that if you sleep with your brother in law and get pregnant, the DNA wouldn't match her husband's and she could get away with it????

stgislander

PREMO Member
I mean, how in the world did she expect to know that if you sleep with your brother in law and get pregnant, the DNA wouldn't match her husband's and she could get away with it????
No wonder I could never get a job with the govt. :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
No wonder I could never get a job with the govt. :lol:
She went from being a custodian to a Property Clerk handling crime evidence. Quite the leap, I'd say. Boss's boss felt sorry for her because her husband left her and she couldn't afford her 3 kids on a custodian's salary. Of course it wasn't revealed until after she was hired into our office why her husband left her. I knew the real reason because I was in a different office while she was pregnant and she told us the truth when she came in to clean and empty the trash.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

IMO the hack had nothing to do with the pipeline not working.

The company shut down the pipeline because the computers could not tell them where the gas came from and where it was going.
Therefore they could not charge for the pumping nor send it where it was supposed to go.
I'm betting, across the entire line, there are mechanical metering devises, inflow and out flow. The same mechanical metering on every gas station pump. It wouldn't be difficult to keep the line running with people stationed at each location operating manual valves and communicating and coordinating via radio or cell phone.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Kinnakeet

Just in time deliveries .... not enough tanker drivers and the pipeline was moving 100 million gallons a day

with only a 4 or 5 day supply or storage at the other end .... it cost money to have stock sitting around

that's why Big Box Stores are constantly are stocking ... no real regional warehousing
Wait..what there is a pipeline I thought the dems said no to pipelines

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Buckets, tupper tubs.... guarantee it sloshed all over the inside of their car. And really surprised there haven't been big balls of fire.

Supposedly the story goes this guy had 4 five gallon gasoline containers in the vehicle. He got in then fired up a cigarette. Phoooom

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Colonial Pipeline Was Fine, But Its Owner Shut It Down To Make Sure They'd Get Paid Correctly
https://jalopnik.com/author/jrodriguezjr

Zero Day’s Kim Zetter had noted this may be the case and CNN confirmed it in a later report, emphasis mine:

The company halted operations because its billing system was compromised, three people briefed on the matter told CNN, and they were concerned they wouldn’t be able to figure out how much to bill customers for fuel they received.

One person familiar with the response said the billing system is central to the unfettered operation of the pipeline. That is part of the reason getting it back up and running has taken time, this person said.

Asked about whether the shutdown was prompted by concerns about payment, the company spokesperson said, “In response to the cybersecurity attack on our system, we proactively took certain systems offline to contain the threat, which temporarily halted all pipeline operations, and affected some of our IT systems.”

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Yesterday I heard a guy say that he might not be in tomorrow because he still can't find gas. He lives near Kings Dominion and works in Alexandria. Co-worker rattled off several gas stations down the street from us that he could get gas from. Guy claimed they were out when he went by but I have seen cars there the last few days filling up. I think he is using it as an excuse to play hooky.