Gas vs Electric

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I would NEVER own a home that is electric heating/cooling or cooking. It could be my dream home and I would pass, seriously. Gas all the way! :yay:

jonkyandme

Sarah's sexy #####!
I would NEVER own a home that is electric heating/cooling or cooking. It could be my dream home and I would pass, seriously. Gas all the way! :yay:

I'm w/ you. Only, I can't afford the gas heating. LOL I swore up & down I'd never have another house built w/ forced air. Wellll I lied to myself. Although, if I do have this house built, it won't be nearly as piss poor construction as the first. Sooo MAYBE, just MAYBE forced air will sorda work.

I'm w/ you. Only, I can't afford the gas heating. LOL I swore up & down I'd never have another house built w/ forced air. Wellll I lied to myself. Although, if I do have this house built, it won't be nearly as piss poor construction as the first. Sooo MAYBE, just MAYBE forced air will sorda work.
Could you afford to go with gas if you didn't spend all your mega bucks on stainless appliances for Loving?

jonkyandme

Sarah's sexy #####!
Could you afford to go with gas if you didn't spend all your mega bucks on stainless appliances for Loving?

No. But if I didn't get all the bump outs, the special half moon windows, the french doors, and oh yea, HER ROYAL BATHROOM, I could.

lovinmaryland

I am the only one who will be cooking in that kitchen so I must have the best :diva: I am her personal chef :)
No. But if I didn't get all the bump outs, the special half moon windows, the french doors, and oh yea, HER ROYAL BATHROOM, I could.

you love me so much schmoopkins :smoochy:

Annoying_Boy

Gas range vs Electric which would you rather have?

Gas.

Just spent several years constantly cleaning the glass surface and black off of the bottom of stainless steel pans with one of those glass cooktop ranges.

Cooking with gas now, nothing on the bottom of the pans anymore.

And it' easier to control the temperature. I could set that glass range on the lowest setting and the temp would keep creeping over a long period of time until stuff would boil.

:yahoo:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Gas, but I'm in the same position as DR. No gas available here. :geek:

If they ever run lines over this way I will look into switching everything over.

The savings over this darn electric baseboard heat would pay for the changeover by the time the mortgage is paid off. :lol:
Maybe...

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I would have a gas range for sure if we had gas in our area.

:yeahthat:

We do have a coleman gas camping stove for emergencies though!

I most instances I've never seen a house blow up as a result of an electric stove or heat though!

Annoying_Boy

I think there's a big misconception on the word "gas" in a lot of this talk. Some neighborhoods here truly have gas. Other's are propane with tanks in the ground of the houses or tanks sitting beside them.

:popcorn:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I think there's a big misconception on the word "gas" in a lot of this talk. Some neighborhoods here truly have gas. Other's are propane with tanks in the ground of the houses or tanks sitting beside them.

:popcorn:

I hate to agree with you.

I could have a gas stove fueled with propane and a pretty (not) tank perched outside my kitchen window. :lol:

The propane tank attached to the gas grill is quite enough.

I miss my natural gas fireplace. :bawl: