Gator fans

MissKitty

I didn't see the injury, but heard that Tebow got rocked this weekend. Any updates on him?

Maybe the skins will do bad enough for us to pick him up next year. :yay:

Otter

Nothing to see here
I didn't see the injury, but heard that Tebow got rocked this weekend. Any updates on him?

Tebow is NOT going to be a great pro, he'll be a man without a position unless he can play DB. Not a big enough arm for QB, not shifty or speedy enough for RB, not big enough for TE, not fast enough for WR.

Beta84

They're out to get us

He took a pretty nasty shot to the back of the head. Basically he took a HUGE hit that knocked him down, the guy who hit him went down on top of him, then the back of his head slammed into his OL's knee and jerked his neck forward (nasty whiplash). I think he was out cold for a little bit, then he was trying to figure out where the hell he was.

No idea if he'll be available for LSU in 2 weeks, but he's in good spirits and recovering at home.

Tebow is NOT going to be a great pro, he'll be a man without a position unless he can play DB. Not a big enough arm for QB, not shifty or speedy enough for RB, not big enough for TE, not fast enough for WR.

DB? You mean LB or FB? I think those are the two closest to his build :lol:

how big does a TE need to be these days? He's about 6'3, 245 lbs. Maybe a little too short for TE, but not by much.

Otter

Nothing to see here
He took a pretty nasty shot to the back of the head. Basically he took a HUGE hit that knocked him down, the guy who hit him went down on top of him, then the back of his head slammed into his OL's knee and jerked his neck forward (nasty whiplash). I think he was out cold for a little bit, then he was trying to figure out where the hell he was.

No idea if he'll be available for LSU in 2 weeks, but he's in good spirits and recovering at home.

DB? You mean LB or FB? I think those are the two closest to his build :lol:

how big does a TE need to be these days? He's about 6'3, 245 lbs. Maybe a little too short for TE, but not by much.

Okay, I stand corrected, he's too big for a db and too small for a LB...kicker, maybe?

Beta84

They're out to get us
Okay, I stand corrected, he's too big for a db and too small for a LB...kicker, maybe?

Ray Lewis is 6'1, 250. Tavares Gooden is 6'1, 242. Terrell Suggs is 6'3, 260. London Fletcher is 5'10, 245. Rocky McIntosh is 6'2, 238.

I'm failing to see how 6'3, 245 is too small for an LB. All of those guys are starters for the two hometown teams.

Oh and just an example at TE, Cooley is 6'3, 250. Heap is 6'5. Going through various sizes of all-star TEs, it seems 6'3-6'5 is the normal range for them as well. He fits in either category size-wise.

Last edited:

Zguy28

The Miami Dolphins.

Beta84

They're out to get us
The Miami Dolphins.
doubt it. I'm thinking the Jags would be CRAZY not to get him. Not because of how good he is, but because he's a hometown draw and they are hurting for season ticket holders. He'd get that, at least temporarily. If he could actually play QB (C'mon, Garrard is their QB!) then that'd help them out.

he could easily play TE in the pros....

everyone knows he will be given a shot at QB...

yeah he'll be given a shot. The season is still young, so we'll see how he does as it wears on.

Zguy28

doubt it. I'm thinking the Jags would be CRAZY not to get him. Not because of how good he is, but because he's a hometown draw and they are hurting for season ticket holders. He'd get that, at least temporarily. If he could actually play QB (C'mon, Garrard is their QB!) then that'd help them out.
THe only reason I said Dolphins is because the offense is very similar to what Urban Meyer runs at Florida now. And I'm pretty sure Tebow is a better athlete than Pennington.

Beta84

They're out to get us
THe only reason I said Dolphins is because the offense is very similar to what Urban Meyer runs at Florida now. And I'm pretty sure Tebow is a better athlete than Pennington.

Pennington's contract expires at the end of the year. But ignoring that, the Fins have used their 2nd round draft pick on a QB for the past 4 years (Daunte Culpepper, John Beck, Chad Henne, Pat White). Oh and that Pat White guy is sorta athletic.