Gauge Cluster Mileage correction.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Does anyone know of a shop in the area that does mileage correction for gauge clusters. The stepper motors are pretty much done for an I was going to replace them, however I have found a really good deal on a cluster that has low miles. I have called Winegardner and Bayside neither of which could point me in the direction that I needed.

Any help is appreciated.

dave1959

I think you will have a hard time finding someone, It would border on fraud and I believe it is illegal.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I finally got a hold of a service tech that helped me out. It can be done at most dealers, it cost $150 and takes about 5 minutes.

The mileage history is stored in the vehicles BCM, however the gauge cluster displays the mileage that has been accumulated. If I was to swap in the cluster it would display the mileage from the last vehicle, it would also display that it needs to be programmed on the DIC. On vehicles without the DIC, the theft light would be constantly lit until programmed.

The mileage in the BCM can be read by a Tech 2 scanner which would be used to provide accurate mileage on the cluster. They would also need the VIN from the vehicle it came out of.

I called WineGardner, Bayside, Ken Dixon and Ourisman. All of which had no idea or gave me bad info. I want to say it was Crisswell (sp) on the eastern shore that helped me out.

I'm just going to order the stepper motor kit and redo the lights while I'm at it.