Gay marraige

bdh802

Bob
TexasPride77 said:
What is there to think about? Dont you mean "unions"?? Marriage involves religion...and no religion I know of condones homosexuality.

You are right about that? I heard a woman call her partner her wife one time and I couldn't help but shake my head. :yeahthat: :twitch:

oldman

Lobster Land
TexasPride77 said:
What is there to think about? Dont you mean "unions"?? Marriage involves religion...and no religion I know of condones homosexuality.

What involvement does religion play in a marriage in court as my second marriage was? I do not believe God was mentioned. And do not misunderstand me for I am not for same sex marriages.

TexasPride77

Eat More Beef, Less Chkn
oldman said:
What involvement does religion play in a marriage in court as my second marriage was? I do not believe God was mentioned. And do not misunderstand me for I am not for same sex marriages.

My point (unsaid point - as it was) exactly! Religion has nothing to do with a court. I was approaching the word "Marriage" as being an institute of the church/religon seeing how it was through the church that Marriage was instituted in the first place. Hence...brings me to the question of clarification - was he meaning to say "union" instead of "marriage".

If we refer to homosexual "unions" as "marriages" - then wouldn't religion have to condone the act? I think that the way we approach this is a big deal. If you say it is a "marriage" people reply with the thought of "marriage" in mind when answering such question. Like-wise if you approach the issue as a "union" instead.