Gel Nails in Lexington Park/Leonardtown

Must_Tango

Where is the best place to go in St Mary's county for gel nails? I saw a lady at Target yesterday with nice gel nails and she said that she goes to Diamond Nails. I could do shellac too, but I would prefer gel, either Bio Gel or Gelish.

Thanks for any recommendations!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Where is the best place to go in St Mary's county for gel nails? I saw a lady at Target yesterday with nice gel nails and she said that she goes to Diamond Nails. I could do shellac too, but I would prefer gel, either Bio Gel or Gelish.

Thanks for any recommendations!

I go to Kim's in Lex park..she has a good selection of gelish..she gets new colors all the time too...I love it :)

Must_Tango

I go to Kim's in Lex park..she has a good selection of gelish..she gets new colors all the time too...I love it :)

Thanks for the rec...I've had gelish once and it lasted WEEKS, I have shellac now, and am not in love with the color selection, though I love the salon and the gal who does my nails. :(

SteviesMom

Thanks for the rec...I've had gelish once and it lasted WEEKS, I have shellac now, and am not in love with the color selection, though I love the salon and the gal who does my nails. :(

California Nails next to FoodLion in California does them. They have a great selection...and, Jessica did mine this weekend and did a great job. Right now they are running a special $25 for manicure and gel.

wickedtonia

Not Spa One Nails (by Best Buy) - that's for sure. The last 3 times I went, the gel bubbled and peeled off. Waste of $$$.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I love Diamond Nails and can't sing their praises enough! I have the pink & white and I always get lot of compliments on how nice they look. Very natural looking too.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Not Spa One Nails (by Best Buy) - that's for sure. The last 3 times I went, the gel bubbled and peeled off. Waste of $$$.

I didn't like the gel nails. I don't like that I have to soak them to remove the polish, even then it has to be scraped off, and it damages the nails. It's not for everyone.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I didn't like the gel nails. I don't like that I have to soak them to remove the polish, even then it has to be scraped off, and it damages the nails. It's not for everyone.

I'm not a huge fan of the soaking either..but it just lasts so much longer and looks so good I suck it up. I have never had it damage my nails except the few times I went past two weeks and started peeling the gel off..that took a layer or two of nail off with it :lmao:

but I did notice I like the gelish quite well, though Kims has probably about 3 or 4 diff brands..and sooo many colors now. At first it was three diff pinks and a red :killingme The technique for the gel french manicure has gotten a lot better as well. At first it wasn't lasting as long, but now it lasts longer because you can't see the regrowth. I am just a huge fan of the gel polish now. My nails are longer and stronger than they have ever been and it's nice to wash dishes and not ruin my nails. kims is 25 for a manicure, so its spendier than a reg manicure but we go less often so I think it just about evens out.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I've been getting the shellac on my nails for a while now and love it! I'm not a fan of acrylic nails but have had them in past (many, many years ago). I can stretch my shellac out by applying clear polish on my own about 2 weeks in, and reapplying as needed.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
On a similar note, does anyone know a place where the employees' first language is English?

hair it is does gel nails..and they are all super at english..:killingme

But I just changed my vocab..kim herself actually has excellent english and translates if anyone has difficulty..but I learned when I asked for a "fish" and got a "flower" that if I want a "fish" I better ask for a "fishy" :killingme or better yet I say "do whatever you want"

youtube anjelah johnson "nail salon" tooo funny.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser

But I just changed my vocab..kim herself actually has excellent english and translates if anyone has difficulty..but I learned when I asked for a "fish" and got a "flower" that if I want a "fish" I better ask for a "fishy" :killingme or better yet I say "do whatever you want"

I love that Anjelah Johnson skit - I went with my mom to get her nails done at Christmas and the girl had a sign on her little station that said "Tammy". I could not control myself. :lmao:

My MIL takes pictures on her phone of designs on people's nails that she likes and just shows them to the nail girls. Much easier. :lol:

D1VA

California Nails next to FoodLion in California does them. They have a great selection...and, Jessica did mine this weekend and did a great job. Right now they are running a special $25 for manicure and gel.

there is a california nails in the park at the square but they are horrible.

residualvisuals

black widow

Thank you so much, I did not know this! I'll be making an appointment with them after this pay check :)