Gel vs Acrylic?

lmwelch

Just wondering if anyone has gotten "gel" artificial nails and, if so, how did you like them? As far as gel vs. acrylic, is either one better than the other or is it just personal preference? What about the upkeep (fills, polish, etc.) -- does one require more than the other?

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Just wondering if anyone has gotten "gel" artificial nails and, if so, how did you like them? As far as gel vs. acrylic, is either one better than the other or is it just personal preference? What about the upkeep (fills, polish, etc.) -- does one require more than the other?

I have gotten both but only get the gel now. They seem stronger and look more natural (IMO) however the real bonus to me is after polish they put you under this light to dry them and your done. No waiting at a table for your nails to dry hoping you don't nick them.

Serenity40

the real bonus to me is after polish they put you under this light to dry them and your done. No waiting at a table for your nails to dry hoping you don't nick them.[/QUOTE]

Recently on the show the Doctors, they discussed the powerful UV rays used to quickly dry your nails being linked to skin cancer. It also ages the skin more quickly. It may be worth it to dry longer in front of a fan.