Geldof condemned over Pope 'invite'

ylexot

Super Genius
Campaigners have penned an open letter to Bob Geldof in protest at his decision to invite the Pope to support Live 8.

The National Secular Society (NSS) is pointing to the Vatican's refusal to condone the use of condoms, saying it has helped spread HIV in Africa.
I just find it interesting that these people blame the Pope for the spread of AIDS because the Catholic church is against the use of birth control (condoms specifically in this case). I'm sure the people in Africa are thinking "I'm not going to listen to the Pope when he says not to having sex with someone other than my wife, but condom use...I had better follow that one so I don't go to Hell." :dork:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
ylexot said:
I'm sure the people in Africa are thinking "I'm not going to listen to the Pope when he says no to having sex with someone other than my wife, but condom use...I had better follow that one so I don't go to Hell."
:lmao: I love stuff like this! Does anyone think before they speak anymore???

:killingme

ylexot

Super Genius
The sad thing is that this is not the first time I've seen that argument. Some people on a photography forum (of all places) were having the same discussion after Pope John Paul (some Roman numeral...II, I think) died. It just amazes me.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Why not have Pope Benedict at Live 8? I've heard he plays an awesome version of "Rock You Like a Hurricane."