Geminids Meteor Shower

SailorGirl

It is really gorgeous out tonight. There's a dark line of clouds and the moon is shining behind them so they're outlined in white - don't think I've ever seen that before. I'll have coffee on at 2am if anyone wants to come on down to Saint Inigoes and look for remnants of yesterday's supposed meteor shower, .

Grumpy

It is really gorgeous out tonight. There's a dark line of clouds and the moon is shining behind them so they're outlined in white - don't think I've ever seen that before. I'll have coffee on at 2am if anyone wants to come on down to Saint Inigoes and look for remnants of yesterday's supposed meteor shower, .
Just got off the phone with DoWhat, he'll be looking you up.

mitzi

It was gorgeous.

PrchJrkr

It'll be Fine...
PREMO Member
Coming out of Chief's last night around 9:00 SIL and I saw what appeared to be something big fall from the heavens. Backseat passenger missed it because of the angle. I wonder if that was part of this event.

SailorGirl

Coming out of Chief's last night around 9:00 SIL and I saw what appeared to be something big fall from the heavens. Backseat passenger missed it because of the angle. I wonder if that was part of this event.
Might have been - it was supposed to have been spectacular and there's been a lot of times I've seen meteors after the event was supposedly over.

PrchJrkr

It'll be Fine...
PREMO Member
This thing was low on the horizon and quite large in contrast to "shooting stars" I've seen in the past.

SailorGirl

This thing was low on the horizon and quite large in contrast to "shooting stars" I've seen in the past.
There was a new light type pole erected way off in the distance where I live. I bet I looked at thing for three weeks straight before I realized that it wasn't Venus.