Generators for Power Outage

nutz

I'm still workin on my small nuclear reactor project.

designing and building is one side of the coin. Who is going to regulate the use is the big question. DOE will "own and lease" the fuel, NRC will probably regulate. The NRC currently has quite a few people scrambling for work so the bet is on that they will make small and portable overly burdened.

Money can be available for a creative grant writer though the completed project may never be finalized.

https://www.energy.gov/articles/dep...jects-support-advanced-nuclear-reactor-power-

glhs837

Power with Control
Go Amish.... Sad part is they still buy diesel and gasoline to make the air pressure needed to run pneumatics.

I got a screaming deal a few years back on some radioactive metal lawn furniture that was made in Mexico. That and some surplus x-ray machines and we got this.

No. You do NOT "Got this". Unless of course you want to the King Under the Mountain..... Yucca Mountain that is :)

(Credit for dont have this goes to this amazing Viper CL ad)

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/most-honest-viper-craigslist-ad-ever-1782809075

Look,
If you are the type of person that can be talked into having one more drink at midnight when you have a very important presentation or interview early the next morning, then the Viper is not for you.

The whole car is constantly whispering sweet lies to you.
“You got this”.
“Open me up and ride free, you got this”
“What are you a pussy?”
“Just do it”, “Do it”, “you got this”.

Do not do it. You don’t got it. You ARE in fact a pussy. And as we all know, pussy is mad good. But not that good.
You will sit on the curb and settle your heart after it tries to kill you the first time.
You will get back inside and it will immediately get back to the business of trying to get you to let it murder you.
“You got this. This time you know. That last time was just a fluke. You ain’t no pussy”.

Repeat after me.
You
Don’t
Got
This.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I got a screaming deal a few years back on some radioactive metal lawn furniture that was made in Mexico. That and some surplus x-ray machines and we got this.

No. You do NOT "Got this". Unless of course you want to the King Under the Mountain..... Yucca Mountain that is :)

(Credit for dont have this goes to this amazing Viper CL ad)

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/most-honest-viper-craigslist-ad-ever-1782809075

So THAT explains the hair falling out. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So THAT explains the hair falling out. :lol:

club.gif

nutz

Sounds like you're close. Add in some orange fiesta ware, old "glow in the dark" clocks/watches and see the magic.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Sounds like you're close. Add in some orange fiesta ware, old "glow in the dark" clocks/watches and see the magic.

That reminds me of the time back in '81 when the EMC and I went down to Key West to scavenge spare parts from a Diver class salvage tug that the Navy had recently decommissioned. Just before we went onboard, one of the civilians in charge asked us to remove any "glow in the dark" disks we come across. We fond them mainly on watertight switch boxes.

Later after we were finished, I asked the Chief why we were removing these disks. Without any hesitation he said, "Because they are radioactive."

:shocking:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That reminds me of the time back in '81 when the EMC and I went down to Key West to scavenge spare parts from a Diver class salvage tug that the Navy had recently decommissioned. Just before we went onboard, one of the civilians in charge asked us to remove any "glow in the dark" disks we come across. We fond them mainly on watertight switch boxes.

Later after we were finished, I asked the Chief why we were removing these disks. Without any hesitation he said, "Because they are radioactive."

:shocking:

This answers a lot of questions I've harbored over the last 30 years.