Genesis fans? Sept 23rd

Rael

Supper's Ready
Verizon Center. Anybody going? First time they have toured together since 1998 (I saw them in Germany then) , but the first time Phil Collins has been with them since '93-ish. The fact there hasn't been a thread on this tells me there may not be much interest at all, in which case I thank you for helping me get a better seat :lmao:

I am sooo looking forward to this, and have been waiting a very long time for it.

My band.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I saw 'em July 25th 1978 at Merriweather Post Pavilion.
Right after Gabby left and Phil stepped out front in his place.
Amazingly great show. Chester and Phil did the drum dual !

:larry:

ticket price for 10th row center seats:.........$8.50 !!!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Holy crap, I used to looove Genesis! I think I was the only 9 year old who knew all the words to all the songs from the "We Can't Dance" album. :roflmao:

Rael

Supper's Ready
FireBrand said:
I saw 'em July 25th 1978 at Merriweather Post Pavilion.
Right after Gabby left and Phil stepped out front in his place.
Amazingly great show. Chester and Phil did the drum dual !

:larry:

ticket price for 10th row center seats:.........$8.50 !!!
No shiate, $8.50, wow! I saw them for the first time July 28th, 1978 (my 18th birthday) at Madison Square Garden for that "And then There Were Three" tour.

Guess what the price is today?.... :lmao:

@Nickel: WCD is fantastic, I love everything, but especially Fading Lights (PHil's departure song).

@dustin: I have not heard that cover, I should go look.

Rael

Supper's Ready
BuffaloBill said:
Peter Gabriel
Stick around, BuffaloBill, there may be more of that with Genesis in a couple of years. They actually first discussed doing "The Lamb" this year with the five man line-up (Steve Hackett included). PG, of course was doing another solo effort and declined. But I am optimistic he will join them again for something. I actually look forward to that era even more. Stay tuned!

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rael said:
Stick around, BuffaloBill, there may be more of that with Genesis in a couple of years. They actually first discussed doing "The Lamb" this year with the five man line-up (Steve Hackett included). PG, of course was doing another solo effort and declined. But I am optimistic he will join them again for something. I actually look forward to that era even more. Stay tuned!

I met Hackett at the Birchmere many years ago.
Friendly, mellow !

Rael

Supper's Ready
FireBrand said:
Supper's Ready !
I haven't posted that one just yet on the "Long time, no hear" thread, but maybe it is due! For me this year, the one I want to hear (and will hear) most is "Ripples". Will be the highlight por moi, can't wait....

N

nitwhit3286

Genesis?? What....damn if only I had someone to go with.. I love me some phil collins...i've been trying oh so long......to let you know how I feel....so if I stumble and I fall...just help me back....please give me one more night....one more night!! Oh lord.. i would love to go..love it love it love it!

Rael

Supper's Ready
FireBrand said:
I met Hackett at the Birchmere many years ago.
Friendly, mellow !
I saw him doing an acoustic show in VA in '05, met him also. With his brother John, who plays the flute. What do you say to a guy like that...that he hasn't heard already 30,000 times? Got a pic and all. Top notch bloke, as they say. :lmao:

Rael

Supper's Ready
nitwhit3286 said:
Genesis?? What....damn if only I had someone to go with.. I love me some phil collins...i've been trying oh so long......to let you know how I feel....so if I stumble and I fall...just help me back....please give me one more night....one more night!! Oh lord.. i would love to go..love it love it love it!
Phil Collins had a very successful career on his own, the song you mention, nitwhit3286, was one of his many hit solo effort songs. He outdid any other Genesis band member in the solo effort department.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rael said:
What do you say to a guy like that...that he hasn't heard already 30,000 times?

Got Carl Palmer to autograph a set of drum sticks for me at a CP concert at Ram's Head Annapolis last year.
Andy Powell of Wishbone Ash autographed the pick guard of my Flying V.

I also met Michael Hedges and Nils Lofgren.
I knew Danny Gatton.

Rael

Supper's Ready
FireBrand said:
Got Carl Palmer to autograph a set of drum sticks for me at a CP concert at Ram's Head Annapolis last year.
Andy Powell of Wishbone Ash autographed the pick guard of my Flying V.

I also met Michael Hedges and Nils Lofgren.
I knew Danny Gatton.
Wow, FB, I was at that Carl Palmer show. Got his autograph, too. He shook with his left hand.

EDIT: :nothingbutoldfartsinthatroom: :lmao:

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic show. I was thoroughly impressed. I, like others, prefer Gabriel/Hackett Genesis to the "Then there were three" Genesis and after seeing Gabriel a few years ago I was eager to see Genesis but not overly enthusiastic. They proved me wrong.

I have a recommendation for the early Genesis fans here:

The Musical Box

This band performs the original Genesis concerts from the early 70's. I caught the "Selling England By The Pound" show last year and felt like I had been transported back in time. Awe-inspiring. A real must see for early Genesis fans.

They perform the entire original concert complete with stage, costumes, and between song dialogue. The music is flawlessly performed. I'm usually hesitant to recommend this sort of stuff but see it for yourself.