George Conway: The worst thing about Trump’s answer to the impeachment articles

transporter

Pretty amazing...how many posts from the ignorati about a gun rally in VA....and not single thing (not even from our good comrade) about our incompetent, inept, unfit and lawless President's legal teams response to his impeachment??

Here is George Conway's take...before you comment Toilet_Paper...this guy ACTUALLY IS an attorney with a high pedigree.

Beyond that, on the facts, Trump’s answer presents only a few bare conclusions, pointless irrelevances — and outright misstatements. It tells us, once again, that Trump’s July 25, 2019, call with President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine was “perfectly legal” and “completely appropriate.” Trump “raised the important issue of Ukrainian corruption,” the answer asserts. Read the transcript, as the president might say. He did not.

The answer claims Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland and Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) “actually exonerate” Trump. Why? Because they say Trump said — after the whistleblower complaint was made — that he would never demand a quid pro quo. But that’s not proof, just Trump justifying himself. “The security assistance was sent, all without the Ukrainian government announcing any investigations,” the document goes on to say. Yes — two days after the House announced it was investigating the Ukraine matter.

As for the law, the answer claims, in the most cursory fashion, that “the first Article” — alleging abuse of power — “fails on its face to state an impeachable offense.” In particular, the answer asserts the abuse of power article “alleges no crimes at all, let alone ‘high Crimes and Misdemeanors,’ as required by the Constitution.”

That argument ignores that no statutory crime is required by the Constitution for impeachment and that abuse of power is in fact the essence of impeachability: The English parliamentary history upon which the Framers adopted impeachment makes clear that a public official’s breach of duty to put the public interest first constitutes an impeachable, removable offense.

Even if a statutory crime were required, the House’s charge that Trump tried to solicit a personal benefit (Ukraine’s announcement of an investigation) in exchange for an official act (releasing the security aid) constitutes bribery, both as understood in the Framers’ time and under the federal criminal code today.

It's a pretty good piece...none of you all will read it of course.

22AcaciaAve

Maybe that's because nobody cares. Everyone knows the ending, just like the process in the house. It was guaranteed from the beginning that the house would vote to impeach, along party lines, no matter what. Just like it is guaranteed that the senate will not vote to remove Trump, again along party lines, no matter what. The house got to put on their farce, now it is the senate's turn. This whole exercise has been nothing but a waste of time and taxpayer money with absolutely nothing accomplished.

BOP

Pretty amazing...how many posts from the ignorati about a gun rally in VA....and not single thing (not even from our good comrade) about our incompetent, inept, unfit and lawless President's legal teams response to his impeachment??

Here is George Conway's take...before you comment Toilet_Paper...this guy ACTUALLY IS an attorney with a high pedigree.

First of all, ass-face, logical fallacy much?

Second, despite Steny "Snorklebutt" Hoyer's claims otherwise, Trump does not have to prove his innocence. He has to be proven guilty in a trial. PS: lies, innuendo, rumors, hearsay, and overwrought emotions do not constitute proof, even in AOC's America.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Quoting George Conway...:roflmao:

Yeah, raise your hand if you give a crap what George Conway has to say.... Anybody?

:lol:

Hey, Trans! Why don't you give us Michael Avenatti's take too, just for sh^ts and grins?

:roflmao:

According to the news, he's whining about the conditions of his jail cell.:bawl:

His lawyers pleaded with a judge to release him to general population in the prison, arguing he could not prepare for his trial in those conditions.

“He is in a cell reportedly once occupied by El Chapo, on a floor that houses individuals charged with terrorism offenses,” Avenatti’s attorney, Scott Srebnick, wrote.

“The temperature in his cell feels like it is in the mid-40s. He is forced to sleep with three blankets. Not surprisingly, he has been having great difficulty functioning.”

Srebnick noted that Avenatti is being held on lockdown for 24 hours a day, with a guard keeping watch from outside his cell and two cameras trained on him at all times.

He is also not allowed to shave and has only been allowed two social phone calls since he was transferred to the facility.

Gosh, darnitall, I think my heart is really bleeding for him. :wah:

I guess Mr. Big Shot, loud mouth-lime lawyer has been knocked down a few pegs. :jet:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Re, Conway: I have a slightly different take on how to apply "high pedigree."

Re, Avenatti: I wonder if the real problem is a stormy relationship with his cellmate, Daniel?

--- End of line (MCP)

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Married to Kelly.. is that what you call good pedigree??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm amazed his wife hasn't divorced him.

You know, having differing opinions is one thing, but he goes out of his way to attack her boss and undermine her. He even went so far as to belittle her on Twitter. THAT would be grounds for divorce in my book.

It doesn't say anything good about Kellyanne that she allows this Constanza meets Soprano looking turd to treat her so disrespectfully. If I were Trump I'd have fired her a long time ago, which makes me think that this is all a game to these people and they're just playing roles, reciting their lines. Any real woman would have unloaded that loser a long time ago, and any real boss would fire an employee whose husband was constantly defaming him to the media.

gemma_rae

Thank you for the suggestion.

Your avatar is a bit unusual. Not a lot of people identify with sexually-charged murderers. Love to hear the story behind that.🌥
You know my avatar?!? Yay! :yahoo:You're the first to recognizer her!:yay::dingding:

I happened to do an internet search one day on "The most evil woman in the world". She was second only to Hillary Rodham Clinton.
As second, I identify with her only in the sense that I would identify with any other under dog.

Sorry I have no prizes to award, I hope this will do in the mean time. ---->⭐

Congratulations.

P.S. Quid Pro Quo: What's the back story behind your screen name, if you don't mind of course? Mine is my first and middle name.