george morris horsemastership clinic - wow

devinej

I traveled to florida with two other horse-forumites to audit the george morris and bates horse mastership clinic, it was amazing!

we saw 8 of the best junior equitation and jumper riders in the country ride with Robert Dover, Ann Kursinski, Laura Kraut, Beezie Madden, and McLain Ward, one day with each. We also heard lectures from an animal behaviorist, the olympic team veterinarian, a chiro/acupunture vet, and others. I took notes if anyone is interested.

They rode some amazing horses and showed off their talents well, as well as their faults which made us feel better haha.

Not only were we able to watch this great clinic, but we also saw some of the show that was going on at the same time at the Palm Beach international equestrian center (or something like that) which makes the PG equestrian center look like somebody's back yard...close to 20 arenas, and the horses were like another species, they were so nice.

I took about a million pictures while we were there. THey are uploading here:
George Morris Clinic pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Devine you took some great shots with the new camera. :yahoo: Can't wait to see the pictures from day 2 thru 5. I sure do miss that awesome weather down in Wellington.

Guess Bruce Springsteen was only there to watch Jessica for the first three days because he had to go to Hollywood for the Golden Globes.

Oh, I read on COTH that the dates for next year are the same as 09'. So it would be Jan. 5th to the 9th, 2010. Which is a Tuesday thru Saturday. :yahoo:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Devine forgot to mention the coconut stealing and alligator hunt!! Oh what fun. The show had 25 arenas!!! Phyxius YOU have to go next year. We can go to Sea World too!:yahoo:

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
was it held at the same place as the winter equestrian festival? Last year when I bought my horse down there the winter equestian festival was going on and it was HUGE and had so much stuff!!

BZHorseMomE

Blissfuljumper this is the show grounds 2009 FTI Winter Equestrian Festival - Show Jumping, Hunter/Jumper and Dressage, World Dressage Masters, Nations Cup, News, Schedules, Results and more - Brought to you by Equestrian Sport Productions, LLC, Wellington, FL

We might have to get several rooms for next year. :dye: My Mom wants to come next year. It was killing her when I would call to tell her about all the neat things we were seeing and hearing.

Oh, don't forget the crazy bird and the River Otter.

Devine was a great navigator!!!!

Sadielady we should try to come down a few days early next year and then we can do SEA WORLD!!!

devinej

Yes the DIVING AND SWIMMING BIRD!! i almost forgot! such amazing wildlife. and i am a coconut thief.......i stole at least 4 coconuts, maybe 5, from rich people's yards...hahaa

FrmGrl

Get some!
I'm so there next year!! It'll be my bday present to myself :yahoo:

The pictures are great. They're from your new camera? Ver-ah niiiice! (Borat accent)
Me too. No way I am staying back in crummy weather and missing fantastic horses again!!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Yes the DIVING AND SWIMMING BIRD!! i almost forgot! such amazing wildlife. and i am a coconut thief.......i stole at least 4 coconuts, maybe 5, from rich people's yards...hahaa

I wonder how long coconuts stay good in the car. I still have them. How about the dead alligator? Poor stinky guy. If he was up there he wouldn't be stinky because he would be frozen!! I hear it is a bit chilly.... :whistle: It was actually an ugly day here too, rainy and high of only 56. On Friday I hear it might not make it to 50! Brrrr. I bet your forecast is worse. Wellington is probably good. I may have to move further South!:howdy:

devinej

26 is the high for friday...ugh....

you know, i think coconuts last forever. they travel over oceans and are still able to germinate. maybe they will germinate in your car and you can have a palm tree in your car....and then more coconuts!

lets go back to wellington.....please...

BZHorseMomE

Sadie are you going Green Cove this week?? Bet the show peeps showing in Jacksonville wish the were in Wellington. That sure was a fun 6 days!!!! Can't wait for our trip next year.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
$100,000 Grand Prix is this Saturday. I think we are going. I will probably go tomorrow or Friday during the school day to watch and chat with some friends.:buddies: The high here on Friday is only 48 degrees!! It hasn't been that low since 1925! BRRRR