George Thorogood plays tonight! Last chance to get tickets!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
He was amazing....high energy as ever, yet 68. I'm definitely jealous...LOL.

He was awesome. We looked up how old he was and was impressed he is still rocking as he was at his age. Great concert! :yahoo:

I do feel sorry for the person whose car went up in flames in the field. It was quite the fireball but the fire department was there quickly.

Also, I couldn't understand why the bottled sodas and water were served without their caps. I asked and was told it was in the rider for his concert so people couldn't throw full bottles at the stage.

jrt_ms1995

He was awesome. We looked up how old he was and was impressed he is still rocking as he was at his age. Great concert! :yahoo:

I do feel sorry for the person whose car went up in flames in the field. It was quite the fireball but the fire department was there quickly.

Also, I couldn't understand why the bottled sodas and water were served without their caps. I asked and was told it was in the rider for his concert so people couldn't throw full bottles at the stage.

So that's why! Same thing at the James Taylor/Eagles show on the 26th; no caps on bottles going onto the field. I saw George at some club in Raleigh back in the early '90s, I think it was. :larry:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Solomons is shaken, not destroyed, by Thorogood

Solomons, MD - Towards the end of a long, well-received set, one of Delaware’s most famous natives told a mostly Maryland crowd, “I believe this is the start of a long, beautiful relationship.” George Thorogood and the Destroyers gave the crowd at Calvert Marine Museum in Solomons a performance that was good for the soul and bad to the bone. The Friday evening, Aug. 10 show at the PNC Waterside Pavilion showcased the amazing energy of the Wilmington, Delaware native, whose star started rising in the mid-1970s. Thorogood and his band toured with the Rolling Stones during the early 1980s and also appeared as musical guests on Saturday night live during that decade. Thorogood has recorded over 20 LPs, two of which are platinum-certified with six more that are gold-certified.

“If somebody ought to go to jail for rock and roll it might as well be me,” Thorogood told the enthusiastic crowd. In addition to the afore-referenced “Bad to the Bone,” the group did many of their fan favorites, including their covers of Bo Diddley’s “Who Do You Love?” and Hank Williams’ “Move It on Over.”

Southern Maryland’s own No Green Jelly Beanz entertained the concert crowd in the Beer Garden. The opening act at the pavilion was the New Orleans-based band Cowboy Mouth, which amused the crowd with their repertoire of original alternative rock songs and humorous identity crisis (band leader/drummer Fred LeBlanc asked the crowd dozens of times to shout out the band’s name).

George.jpg

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0818/solomonsisshakennotdestroyedbythorogood.html