Georgia-based Company with Troubled History and Abuse Reports Selected as $159 Million Contractor for Charlotte Hall Veterans Home

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What could possibly go wrong...

On Wednesday, May 10, 2023, the Maryland State Spending Board and Department of Veterans Affairs awarded the Georgia based PruittHealth a four year contract to run the Charlotte Hall Veterans Home. The contract marked the company’s first venture into the state of Maryland with a one year extension option. (The one-year renewal option shows a price tag of $39,288,000)

This comes after Governor Moore fired the contractor HMR Maryland LLC running the state’s veterans home over abuse and neglect allegations in March of 2023. It was noted the state paid HMR Maryland LLC hundreds of millions of dollars in federal funds to oversee management and operations since 2002.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My buddy that's been living there for 15 years or more never mentioned any issues when I visit him. Wonder what the details are behind the "firing" of previous contractor...

Wait..he did complain about the theft of some of his personal stuff by staff a while back. But that was quite a few years ago

• Sad
Reactions: BOP

DaSDGuy

My buddy that's been living there for 15 years or more never mentioned any issues when I visit him. Wonder what the details are behind the "firing" of previous contractor...

Wait..he did complain about the theft of some of his personal stuff by staff a while back. But that was quite a few years ago
Those staff went to work for the Post Office

Hijinx

Moore didn't get a cut from the people that were there.
It was to be expected he would get rid of them and get a contractor more copacetic to his own interest.

My guess is he is getting plenty from the Marijuana people.

Last edited: