Gerald Ford visit...a really big deal

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So here I am in Norway and one of the biggest stories currently is the Oslo port visit by the carrier Gerald Ford. She has to go right past the coastal shipyard and town where I'm working; we're all going to head to the beach to gawk and take pics when she heads north for joint exercises later this week.

Norway is debating a full doubling of their defense spending as a reaction to Russian behavior. Means more money for the advanced ships my company supports here.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A carrier's worth of horny sailors descending on Oslo. That can't/won't be good.
My thought's exactly!..but to my surprise the news outlets have all been very complementary about the ashore conduct of the crew! I'm guessing there were some pretty blunt briefings handed down before anyone got shore leave.....

glhs837

Power with Control
My thought's exactly!..but to my surprise the news outlets have all been very complementary about the ashore conduct of the crew! I'm guessing there were some pretty blunt briefings handed down before anyone got shore leave.....

I was never on a ship, but yeah. "Okay, leave your rude shirts in your bag, Prime Directive applies, don't screw with the native life forms. Which doesn't mean you cant screw the natives, just make damn sure it's consensual. And hookers don't count as consensual, since the majority of them are trafficked persons.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Did they ever get the EMALS working on Gerald Ford, or did they fall back on steam catapult?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
For your consideration ...

It's like reading gobbledigook. Wouldn't happen to have an English version?
A window should pop up asking if you want it translated to English. Might be browser or location dependent though...

Eller lerer du skrive, snakke og lese Norsk.

So here I am in Norway and one of the biggest stories currently is the Oslo port visit by the carrier Gerald Ford. She has to go right past the coastal shipyard and town where I'm working; we're all going to head to the beach to gawk and take pics when she heads north for joint exercises later this week.

Norway is debating a full doubling of their defense spending as a reaction to Russian behavior. Means more money for the advanced ships my company supports here.

The ship is very well named: Clumsy, incompetent and a total failure, just like her namesake.