Get more life out of your Printer's Toner Cartridge

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
My Brother Multi-Function printer has been bitching for more months about the toner being low. Yet, the pages are as black as can be. Today, the printer actually refused to print mid-job unless a new cartridge was put in. Carts aren't cheap and I didn't want to wait 3 days until I could print again, PLUS, the print looks good to me.

In the past, I could pull the cart out and shake it side to side a few times and get some life out of it. Not this time, Looks like they put some sort of timer into the machine.

Not to be defeated, I googled for

reset brother toner cartridge so it doesn't indicate replace [+model number]

and got a nice YT video with some quick instructions. Open the front panel, hold this key, select this option and press OK.

Back in business.

So, if you come across a similar problem in the future, use the google (unless you're searching for "fake" news)

P.S. To any future poster who tells me that this is going to damage the machine: I doubt it, I think it is a mechanism to get you to buy expensive cartridges with high markups. Why does Brother care if I damage my $150 machine? then I would have to go buy a new one.