Gettin' Tested

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
So, I have a friend who just tested positive for the crud. She is badgering me to get tested.

I am really not interested in becoming a number in this game. I see nothing positive for me, or the people I associate with, in getting tested.

Can you give me a good reason and convince me to go get tested?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
If you're not feeling ill, there is no logical reason to do so.
And if it's just cold or mild flu symptoms, no reason either. Why wait in line for 4 hours when it won't change a thing for how you feel or treat the symptoms.
Right now I have a little runny nose. I see no reason to go get tested.

I have last year's amarylis bulbs to plant = no time.

stgislander

PREMO Member
My nephew and his wife were exposed a day or two before Christmas. Ran out and bought two Covid tests ($25 ea). Tests cam beck negative. They are still quarantining.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Two of my sisters go to local St. Mary's County churches, and both churches have already canceled Sunday services due to COVID concerns. One church is small, one is BIG.

Both sisters currently have a cold, testing negative for COVID. I wonder how much of a hit the church coffers will take by the cancelation of Sunday events. :nomoney:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Two of my sisters go to local St. Mary's County churches, and both churches have already canceled Sunday services due to COVID concerns. One church is small, one is BIG.

Both sisters currently have a cold, testing negative for COVID. I wonder how much of a hit the church coffers will take by the cancelation of Sunday events. :nomoney:
Our church closed for two Sundays after somebody at Christmas Eve tested positive. We'll be open again on Jan 9th.

WheezyCarl

And if it's just cold or mild flu symptoms, no reason either. Why wait in line for 4 hours when it won't change a thing for how you feel or treat the symptoms.
Exactly. I feel lousy, really lousy. So lousy that I can't imagine waiting in line for hours for a test to confirm that I feel lousy. I just want to rest, not drive around the county all day. This hysteria has gotten out of hand.

DaSDGuy

I will get tested when the ambulance drops me off at the er. Otherwise I will self medicate if/when needed, which is not now.

rio

Exactly. I feel lousy, really lousy. So lousy that I can't imagine waiting in line for hours for a test to confirm that I feel lousy. I just want to rest, not drive around the county all day. This hysteria has gotten out of hand.
Hope it doesn't last too long!
:huggy: